We can’t afford to be boring. Neither can you. The scale and scope of what TD does may surprise you. The rapid pace of change makes it a business imperative for us to be smart and open-minded in the way we think about technology. TD’s technology and business teams become more intertwined as new opportunities present themselves. This new era in banking does not equal boring. Not at TD, anyway.
TD Business Systems Analysis covers a mandate that includes (but isn't limited to) proposing technical systems to accomplish business requirements enterprise-wide. These experts build relationships with business partners and other groups of diverse subject matter experts and stakeholders (both internal and external) to:
Plan + Elicit + Analyze + Document + Communicate +Manage system requirements;
Assess client needs and recommend the right technology; and
Offer operational and process-related analysis and support.
We are looking for someone to provide support to the EIM Intake Team and understand detailed system requirements, and technical and functional specifications that align with standards and frameworks. You will work in close partnership with our ambitious business and technology partners, project teams and stakeholders to elicit, analyze, document, communicate and manage detailed functional specifications.
Meaningful work is fueled by meaningful performance and career development conversations with your manager. Here's some of what you may be asked to perform:
- Work with technology partners (e.g. Solution Designers and Architects) to research and analyze current state system capabilities and define technology solutions options and recommendations.
- Define, document and translate business requirements into detailed functional specifications, taking into account non-functional requirements.
- Contribute to project management activities such as: scoping and estimating project efforts, identifying risks and recommending mitigation measures, communicating activity status, as well as escalating and communicating possible issues.
- Participate in quality management reviews, including designs, prototypes and other requirements work products.
- Work closely with stakeholders to determine solutions, assess impact to existing work processes and systems, and pinpoint how to manage integration.
- Provide operational and process-related analysis and support.
- Respect existing processes and standards including requirements management and project management disciplines, technology delivery and business technology architecture, escalating issues as needed.
- Gain knowledge in own area, stay abreast of technology trends and developments, develop expertise in TD services, applications, infrastructure, analytical tools and techniques, business domains and their products and services.
- Coach new or less experienced colleagues and serve as a reference point throughout requirements management life cycle.
- Undergraduate Degree or Technical Certificate
- Highly collaborative, transparent, adaptable mindset.
- Commitment to applying advanced knowledge of business technology delivery praualifications:ctices and standards, including design, development, testing and project management.
- Sound to advanced knowledge of system analysis process and techniques, as well as system components, functionality, interfaces, data flows and business rules.
- Ability to perform work on all aspects of the system analyst process from end-to-end (on projects of moderate to high complexity), under minimal supervision.
- Experience and comfort level acting as a reference for Business Systems Analyst roles.
- Be proficient with Windows, MS Word, MS Excel, Power Point, JIRA, Confluence, Tableau