The successful candidate will be a member of the Security Master & Pricing Group in Operations Control Department of the TD Wealth Shared Services Division. The Security Master & Pricing Group is responsible for overseeing several functions critical to the setup, maintenance and valuation of securities held within various TD Wealth books of record, including TD Waterhouse, TD Private Client Group, TD Estates and Trust, Separately Managed Accounts. The centralized functions include security set-ups and maintenance, price verification, input of foreign exchange rates, and overseeing several data feeds from third-party providers.
The Lead Officer is responsible for overseeing several functions critical to the accurate set-up and pricing of securities held within the IBM BoR, MPower, MVest, SEI Trust 3000, OIS and PrimeOE.
- Be responsible for quality control measures for setups and pricing including, but not limited to Mutual Fund daily setup review.
- Liaise with various data vendors to ensure complete and accurate data feeds.
- Be responsible for oversight over all month-end processes, (i.e. IBM, MVest, MPower, SEI and OIS).
- Be responsible for maintaining internal procedure documentation and creation of new documentation
- Assisting Manager of all audits being performed on the Security Master & Pricing Group, both internal and external.
- Be responsible for execution and testing of projects affecting the Security Master & Pricing Group.
- Be responsible for the training of new team members.
- Act as the escalation point for the Security Master & Pricing Group.
- Assist the Security Master & Pricing Group team with their daily functions, where needed.
- Be responsible for maintaining all supporting procedural documentation.
- Act as a backup resource for the Manager, Security Master Team
The ideal candidate will:
- Have 3 - 5 years of working experience in the securities industry or related field, with strong knowledge of investments, the economy, and financial and regulatory markets.
- Have expert knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office, especially Excel (VBA and Access Skills are a plus)
- Be an enthusiastic and energetic individual who has a passion and aptitude for the securities industry.
- Have a passion for innovation and process improvements
- Participate fully as a member of the team, promote team effectiveness and contribute to a positive work environment.
- Have the ability to prioritize time, to work independently and to use good judgement.
- Have the ability to work well under pressure to meet targets; deadline oriented.
- Have superior written and verbal communication skills to communicate effectively with business partners, internal clients and vendors.
- Meticulous attention to detail, with a strong focus on accuracy and minimizing risk to the department and TD.
- Have excellent organizational skills, and will be able to execute well in a multi-task environment.
- Have excellent analytical skills; ability to recognize and resolve problems.
- Have expert knowledge and use of spreadsheet systems with the ability to extract and manipulate large amounts of complex data.
- Possess superior knowledge of IBM’s ISM/OSS, MVest, MPower, SEI, OIS, and Prime O/E systems
- Knowledge and experience with Bloomberg API and Request Builder is considered an asset.
- Post-Secondary education required College/University degree an asset
- Completion of the Canadian Securities Course would be considered an asset.