You are required to demonstrate governance, control and risk management behaviours in alignment with TD policies and practices. It is your responsibility to ensure that execution of your function is line with documented procedures specific to your role or business.
Capital Markets Risk Management, Risk Management, is accountable for the processes for generating and monitoring an independent view of the Profit and Loss, Market Risk, Counterparty Risk, Liquidity Management, OTC Derivatives Collateral and Valuation activities of the global trading activities of the Firm.
This group works closely with all Capital Markets Risk Management teams, including Market Risk Control, Model Development, TD Securities Trading Business Management, Global Operations, Risk Technology, Credit Management and Finance, as well as all external regulators.
· Generate accurate and complete processes to measure and report on exposures and ensure that all reports are submitted as per reporting guidelines
· Generate accurate and complete daily BCBS 283 and SCCL large exposures reports which include management reporting and counterparty credit limit monitoring reports
· Generate accurate and complete monthly BCBS 283 and SCCL large exposures reports to management
· Investigate and analyze the results across respective business areas of the IHC
· Ensure risks within portfolios covered are correctly measured, aggregated, and analyzed in accordance with established and approved risk policies and CAIRO counterparty limits
· Provide analysis, reporting and monitoring of risk exposures and adhere to internal standards with regards to violations and the escalation of production issues
· Ensure that all late or missing reports and related process metrics are recorded, documented and explained appropriately.
· Propose, schedule, plan and champion projects to improve efficiencies in order to provide more effective business support
· Execute infrastructure changes with regards to implementation of new or revised policies or processes
· Ensure internal control processes are adequate and documented appropriately as per the governance standards including establishing appropriate review and assessment of the quality of outputs based on business standards.
· Managing operational risk (e.g., cross-training, documentation, and audit).
· Liaise closely with the Bank’s front office traders, Credit Risk Management (CRM), Global Counterparty Credit (GCC), audit, technology groups, and other stake holders to assist in meeting the Bank’s objectives
· Perform ad-hoc analyses of specific metrics/exposures/transactions as required by management and stakeholders.
· Maintain a good understanding of the analytical principles underlying the risk management of financial derivatives, including issues that arise regarding financial modeling of products for risk purposes
· Complete monthly reconciliation to ensure accuracy of risk captured
· Establish an environment that promotes respect for individual employee and adheres to the policies and guidelines of the Bank.
· Provide leadership, direction, advice and guidance to the team, to consistently maintain high levels of integrity, motivation and morale. This should encompass all aspects of people development including appropriate mentoring, coaching, and ongoing evaluation of staff performance and leadership skills.
· Initiate actions to further improve your own and the team’s skills and performance by continuously looking for opportunities for professional development.
· Demonstrate TD’s Leadership Profile in all professional and personal activities
· Create and maintain an environment conducive to the timely identification and escalation of issues
· Managing relationships with other areas including sharing knowledge and identifying opportunities to leverage complementary skills.
· Self-starter with a high degree of initiative and the ability to learn and adapt quickly
· Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
· Strong organizational, follow-up and priority-setting skills to handle multiple tasks/projects
· Self-motivated, well organized, able to work both independently and in a team environment
· Strong interpersonal skills are required, as the candidate will be called upon to demonstrate leadership in the team
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Candidates with experience in Risk Management roles will be favourably positioned
· Technical skills (Excel/SQL/VBA etc) and the CFA and FRM credentials will also be viewed favorably