Reporting to the Senior Relationship Manager, Enterprise Project Finance, the role of is to provide project financial support to the assigned Segment Project Portfolio(s). This is inclusive of providing end-to-end project financial support including: development of business case financials; monthly review of actual and forecasts against plan, participating in project planning and forecasting; support insightful reporting and analysis; reviewing and challenging projects. This role will work with the Project Finance Controller(s) supporting the relationship for the assigned segments inclusive of the Business, PDG and Segment Finance, ensuring project accounting practices are adhered to and the portfolio(s) is effectively managed against the project spend allocation.
Finance and Business Accountabilities:
- Perform the role of financial controller to the assigned Segment(s)
- Work with Project Finance Controller, Business Sponsors, Project Managers and Segment Finance to develop and review business case financials. The incumbent will provide financial expertise and oversight to ensure financial and accounting standards are followed and properly reflected in the business case
- Manage financial aspects of project tracking and reporting for the assigned projects portfolio, ensuring alignment to annual fiscal budget.
- Support the Project Finance Controller with the monthly review of financial results relative to key benchmarks including quarterly and yearly Project Plans and Forecasts.
- Provide input to Technology and Segment finance team for monthly reporting, quarterly forecasting and annual planning.
- Participate in both the annual business plan and financial forecast cycles.
- Support Project Finance Controller in providing strategic portfolio analysis & insight for various senior executive/management teams. This requires the consolidation of data from various financial sources and the ability to transform financial data into meaningful and actionable recommendations.
- Provide thought leadership and drive change by improving project data governance & process, building stronger relationships with key business partners and the development of new value-added project analytics.
- Promote a positive work environment that encourages productivity, innovation, creativity, teamwork, analysis and advice – act as a role model.
- Develop relationships with key stakeholders (Segment Finance Partners, TS, Operations, Shared Services, PDG, Business Management, Governance, etc.)
- Be a subject matter expert on processes and controls around project authorizations, business cases, FPT and tracking of the financial impact of projects.
- Work with technology to automate reporting capabilities and implement controls for reporting accuracy
Professional Skills and Competencies Requirements:
- Skilled in financial planning, analytics, and project costing / business cases
- Expertise in accounting guidelines and rules, focus on project accounting
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written. Ability to negotiate, problem solve and make decisions. Strong relationship building skills. Enjoy working in a team environment fostering positive rewarding relationships.
- Ability to get things done and deliver superior results. Continuous improvement mentality.
- Ability to independently manage deadlines while multitasking between different projects.
- Proactive self-starter – able to work independently in a relatively unstructured environment.
- Ability to prepare clear and concise analysis/reporting that supports decision making.
- Experience developing, testing and documenting controls
- Strong business acumen with a “value-added” mindset - ability to consolidate information into clear and concise analysis.
- Demonstrated track record of leading new process creation and existing process improvement initiatives.
- Organizational awareness and the ability to balance the viewpoints of Finance, Business Units and Project Management Offices.
Specific Educational and Professional Experience Requirements:
- Asset Management/Wealth knowledge would be an asset
- 5+ years in Finance/Project portfolio/ Management Reporting experiences, as well as having an accounting designation or working towards a designation (CPA/CGA/MBA/CFA) would be an asset
- Experience performing project costing or business case functions
- Experience using Financial and Project Management systems (ie. CA PPM, Hyperion)
- Experience using tableau, Alterx, confluence would be an asset
- Excellent MS Excel/MS PowerPoint/ MS Word