Description of Dept./Team
Building a World-Class, Diverse and Inclusive Technology Team at TD
We can't afford to be boring. Neither can you. The scale and scope of what TD does may surprise you. The rapid pace of change makes it a business imperative for us to be smart and open-minded in the way we think about technology. TD's technology and business teams become more intertwined as new opportunities present themselves. This new era in banking does not equal boring. Not at TD, anyway.
TD IT Application Support covers business segment CIO technology areas or shared services technology functions. These experts interact closely with those within the Infrastructure Technology Solutions space. With a heightened focus on developing, implementing standard support models and processes using industry best practices, this role is responsible for production support, troubleshooting incident and problem management, service transition, IT change management and deployment and release management.
EETS - Basel Reporting Team (Canadian Rules) supports the Basel III Reporting requirements for the Canadian regulator, OSFI. This includes Basel Capital Adequacy Requirements (BCAR) Reports, Pillar III public disclosure and New Credit Risk (NCR). Our business sponsor is Chiefs; however, we perform projects and support for all segments involved in Basel II Reporting, including TD Commercial Bank, TD Securities Wholesale Bank, TDCT Retail Bank, TD US Personal and Commercial Bank, TD Waterhouse Canada and UK.
We are looking for a IT Support Analyst to join the TD Risk Solutions EETS team who will thrive in this fast paced environment, who finds satisfaction not only in delivering effective quality solutions but also enjoys working with a friendly and diverse team of professionals.
The successful candidate will report to the IT Manager for the Basel Reporting team. The team currently supports the Basel Reporting Applications – RWA/CAR, NCR & Pillar III. S/he will be responsible for providing day-to-day application/system support to our business partners, as well as guidance and support on various Basel Reporting initiatives. We are looking for someone to provide a broad range of systems and application support, research and analysis, administration, performance availability monitoring and management.
Meaningful work is fuelled by meaningful performance and career development conversations with your manager. Here's some of what you may be asked to perform:
- Perform controlled incident resolution including prioritization and escalation, involving business and technology partners as appropriate.
- Service applications and systems, provide application, systems, operational availability levels that meet or exceed standards and service levels already established, while minimizing operational risk.
- Promptly schedule packaging and release new applications in a timely manner, reduce change execution times by planning implementations with parallel work streams (while working with stakeholders as appropriate).
- Strive to improve production environment stability by working with others to set up, maintain and monitor applications and systems, while meeting availability targets.
- Provide prompt, effective day-to-day support, accurately identify and resolve issues, perform controlled and timely incident resolution all while making client satisfaction a top priority.
- Deliver effective and defect-free support (application, software and operations), research system issues and opportunities, recommend changes, oversee execution, keep accurate documentation.
- Design, review, integrate application requirements (e.g. functional, security, integration, performance, quality, operations).
- Address application, cross-capability and cross-release issues.
- Gain understanding of technical aspects of project and break-fix development related to the application, advise developers and solution designers.
- Assume incident management role (communicator, tracker, escalator, driver, etc.).
- Monitor system life cycles, ensure both specs and functionality support business objectives and architecture decisions, re-develop as required.
- Use meaningful metrics to monitor environment performance.
- Improve performance and resource utilization by assessing and analyzing opportunities to optimize the operational environment.
- Follow established processes/standards, business technology architecture, risk and production capacity guidelines; plan, monitor and escalate issues as required.
- Comply with both disaster and business recovery plans (and help define, review and test these plans).
- Identify/implement process improvements to enhance revenue, customer experience and reduce costs.
- Make effective use of cost management processes in place within your own unit.
- Support business case development, RFI/RFP and SLAs with vendors.
- Adhere to existing processes/standards, business technology architecture, risk and production capacity guidelines and escalate issues as required
- Identify and implement process improvements to enhance revenue, stakeholder experience and/or reduce costs
- Contribute to the development of project plans by participating in the scoping and estimating of proposed projects
- Ensure all support and project artifacts adhere to TD standards and audit requirements and are stored as per team standard
- Basic understanding of PMLC (Project Management Life Cycle
- Bachelor’s Degree or College Diploma/Technical certificate
- Good communication, facilitation, and negotiation skills
- Good understanding of businesses and/or organizational practices/disciplines
- Proactive team player with effective time management skills; ability to work independently, manage multiple deadlines/projects and keep key players informed
- Ability to perform all aspects of research, analysis
- Works independently and often autonomously in the management of applications and develops strategic thinking/ planning in the execution of work plans
- Experience working in the Financial industry is an asset
- Sound understanding of the underlying technologies, infrastructure and business continuity planning for the applications supported
- Ability to, research, analyze and problem-solve issues
- Ability to act as a subject matter expert for a business application and/or a specific technology
- Experience and knowledge of TD SDLC is an asset
- IT Service Delivery Knowledge is an asset
- ITIL Essentials is an asset
- Knowledge of Risk Management is an asset
- Knowledge of business analysis principles
- Understanding of Financial Products is a bonus
What can you bring to TD? Share your credentials, but your relevant experience and knowledge can be just as likely to get our attention. It helps if you have:
- 2-3 years relevant experience.
- Experience providing day-to-day application/system support.
- Applications/systems and tasks are low to moderately complex and performed under management guidance and supervision.
- Provide operational and support activities for applications within the line of business, including (but not limited to) scheduling and monitoring of tasks, managing application access, maintaining and providing reports on performance metrics.
- Provide 1st, 2nd and 3rd level support for production incidents as required and provide single point of contact for business communications related to production incidents, escalate as required
- Own production issues raised and follow up with LOB through to final resolution
- • Document and review operational processes and procedures as they are required and as they change.
- Participate in audit activities, technology risk assessments and remediation for all internal and external audit findings
- Maintain all documents through applicable document management system
- Provide seamless integration of activities and processes, recognizing system interdependencies
- Readiness to participate in resolving client applications/system issues.
- Adeptness at configuring, upgrading, and administering business applications, in co-ordination with appropriate stakeholders.
- Experience participating in and contributing to change control, capacity planning and security.
- Strength in performing basic problem determination.
- Strength in consulting with other functional areas to provide technical expertise on area of specialization by acting as a reference on technology, trends and processes related to your own area.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills and can work effectively with vendors to fulfill support requirements.
- Possession of effective change management discipline.
- Willingness to work effectively as a team, helping others to resolve critical service issues.
- Leadership in enhancing knowledge/expertise in TD services, applications, infrastructure, analytical tools and techniques that can contribute to effective solution development/delivery.
- Interest and drive to enhance knowledge/expertise by staying abreast of industry and business trends.