An Analyst within Collateral Management will primarily be focused on the effective and efficient mitigation of counterparty credit risk. The Analyst will need to demonstrate innovation and a proactive approach to risk mitigation by highlighting inefficiencies, risks and implementing improvements. In addition, they will be expected to provide a high level of service to their clients.
The role will involve close partnership and interaction with a wide range of areas, including credit, middle office, legal, front office, settlements, and corporate treasury. As a result the successful candidate will be required to possess strong communication skills.
Analysts within Collateral Management are accountable for the following core responsibilities, but are not limited to:
- Investigation, escalation, and resolution of valuation discrepancies to ensure that the bank is accurately collateralized
- Policy reporting and analysis
- Collateral optimization
- Participate and add value to projects impacting the Collateral Management Department
- Cross train to develop a broad level of understanding across the varied functions within CRC
- Contribute their own ideas to make a difference and add value to the group.
- Participate in industry working groups and be informed about regulatory changes and industry related initiatives
- Ongoing, proactive risk management via staying abreast of risk issues in the capital markets and assessing impacts on our exposures
- Seek opportunities to increase operational efficiency and lower operational risk through process reengineering
- Keep management informed of market activities and potential risk to the bank with clear and concise recommendations on risk mitigation
- Prepare dashboards and proactively meet with senior management (Credit Risk Management, Credit Management, Front-Office, Market Risk Control etc.) to review
- Performing a number of control functions and adhering to the CMRM Standards to ensure the integrity of our processes.
- Establish an environment that promotes respect for the individual employee and adheres to the policies and guidelines of the Bank
- University degree in Business/Finance,
- Experience working in capital markets for a wholesale bank,
- CFA designation or FRM designation (or pursuing these designations),
- Risk Management experience preffered
We thank you for your time and interest in the role, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.