This role of Junior Business System Analysis - Operational Risk Management will be responsible to support with BAU activities for Opera, xMatters and OneGreen Application while building and maintaining strong business relationships with Business partners, internal partners, and Vendors to provide direction and guidance on optimal technology solutions/services to meet business needs. Meaningful work is fueled by meaningful performance and career development conversations with your manager.
The Operational Risk Management (ORM) team within Enterprise Data, Architecture & Corporate Technology (EDACTS) provides high-quality, time-effective delivery and support of technology solutions for wide range of corporate and segment business partner. This is a fast-growing area within the bank translating into considerable demand and growth within its technology teams. The mandate of Technology is broad and includes all aspects of application development, cybersecurity, technology risk, and application maintenance and operational support.
Here's some of what you may be asked to perform:
- Support the Operational Risk Management portfolio and manage vendor applications not limited to OpERA but Archer (OneGreen) and xMatters and other in-house custom solutions. These applications deliver service to a number of LOBs – BCM, DR, pRCSA and TRMIS in both Canada and US.
- Lead and manage end-to-end technology solutions or services delivery for a key business line, portfolio, assigned segment or enterprise area with a clear focus on strategic planning, schedule management, scope, change and issues management, client communication and overall resourcing and financial costs on a longer-term basis.
- Responsible for project delivery for application sets within their scope, commissioning projects to be executed by technology project managers.
- Act as a solutions integrator; provide a flexible approach by offering and negotiating options with clients that balance service levels, cost and risk.
- Communicate business vision, goals and portfolio priorities to team members (e.g. Application Owners / Development Managers, Business Systems Analysis, Platform / Service and/or Technology Project Managers etc.).
- Develop impact assessments, manage delivery schedules, perform risk assessments to consistently manage operational processes (time reporting).
- Work with project managers to ensure they comply with the capacity forecasting process.
- Report on portfolio progress, status, overall health and individual applications.
- Assess issues or change requests, determine what to report.
- Lead the development of total cost of ownership estimates for applications and services, monitor and track to established plans with Finance and Business Management team
- Measure, monitor projects, stay within budget, meet or exceed expectations.
- Assess work plans, identify scheduling issues, report and escalate, as needed.
- Track major project deliverables; share updates; support initiatives aimed at cost reduction and faster time-to-market.
- Undergraduate degree or Technical Certificate
- High level knowledge of Windows server, MS SQL, Linux server
- Basic knowledge and understanding of business and bank technology standards (e.g., infrastructure, architecture, processes, applications, platforms, services) and managing/directing teams and projects.
- Proficient knowledge of system analysis process and techniques, as well as system components, functionality, interfaces, data flows and business rules.
- Willingness, motivation and ability to set work direction at an operational level, work autonomously in the management of the unit and collaborate with other business or technology leaders to establish and execute on common goals with a medium- to longer-term business perspective.
- Ability to manage a sizeable and varied team of technology solutions professionals in a direct or integrator capacity, covering end-to-end delivery of complex projects, system enhancements or incident management.
- Readiness to direct or manage large-scale applications and projects across multiple product lines and businesses, involving significant scope and complexity.
- Understanding of strategic direction (including financials) and champions alliances to benefit TD and/or department; advocates for operational improvements to enhance the division’s value to the organization.
*Please note that only those selected to be moved forward in the application process will be contacted.