Get up close with how buildings really perform…and why!
Enerlife Consulting is seeking a proven Project Engineer, with a solid understanding of the design and workings of building energy systems. The right candidate possesses the experience, curiosity and ingenuity to join our ongoing exploration of high-performance buildings, and our continuing development of hands-on services, processes and tools to make every building the best it can be. The ideal candidate for this position is equally comfortable on site, in a design office, and in meetings with clients and contractors.
• Work with clients and employees to help them better understand building performance, and assist them in identifying and implementing performance improvements;
• Lead and mentor junior engineers and manage sub-consultants;
• Guide evidence-based retrofit and operational solutions for mechanical and electrical systems in commercial and institutional buildings, specifically healthcare facilities;
• Analyze and interpret building energy and water performance metrics for a wide range of building types and building systems;
• Apply creativity in achieving practical solutions to meet required business case parameters;
• Communicate information effectively to a variety of audiences;
• Develop new and improved methods and tools for use with building owners/managers; and
• Work closely with top experts in the field of building performance, taking on increasing responsibility for Enerlife’s technical excellence and leadership.
Required Skills, Experience & Qualifications
MANDATORY - Mechanical Engineering Degree (B.Eng/M.Eng) and Registered Professional Engineer (P.Eng), or P.Eng eligible
• 5 years or more experience in building energy systems analysis, retrofit design and operations
• In-depth knowledge of mechanical and electrical building systems is essential
• Must be familiar with building automation systems and specifically sequences of operation
• Mechanical systems retro-commissioning experience would be considered asset
• Working experience in applying key current ASHRAE 62.1, 90.1 and CSA Z317.2 standards and guidelines
• Experience with employee direction, supervision and development of more junior technical staff
• Excellent listening, written and oral communication skills with experience in facilitation of teams
• Curiosity to go deep in understanding cause and effect relationships between building design/operations and actual energy and water performance
• Systems thinking, analytical and modeling skills
• Proficiency with Excel
• Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
• Proven organization, workload management and priority-setting skills
• Collegial style, strong team dynamics, negotiation, and problem-solving
Enerlife Consulting is at the forefront of high performance green buildings. We are passionate about our clients and communities achieving unprecedented energy and environmental efficiency in their buildings. Our clients include municipalities, school boards, universities, healthcare organizations, and commercial office landlords, who use our services to design, direct and verify comprehensive programs for individual buildings and whole portfolios. Our knowledge is grounded in our Green Building Performance System™ (GBPS) which contains one of the largest databases of commercial and institutional buildings’ energy and water use in North America. For the past decade we have been tracking performance and identifying the most successful energy conservation strategies in hundreds of buildings. Our direct involvement and close working relationships with facility owners and managers, provides us with unique insight into the opportunities, challenges and best practices of energy efficiency and sustainability.
Visit us at www.enerlife.com .