As a diverse and rapidly growing organization, TWD is a leading organization in the oil and gas industry with expertise ranging from refinery, pipelines, terminalling and blending, renewables, food and beverage, power, and much more. TWD is currently seeking an Electrical Engineer to work out of our company headquarters in Burlington, Ontario. The successful candidate will have a strong understanding of power systems and system analysis.
- • This position requires thorough knowledge of electrical construction activities, regulations, design and engineering techniques.
- Responsible to plan schedules and budgets and proposals, modify drawings, specifications, calculations and new approaches to streamline site activities.
- Work on medium or large size engineering projects with minimum supervision.
- Follow up with local Utility Engineers for electrical power connection and joint site meeting
- Follow up with Electrical suppliers’ representative and facilitate electrical testing / commissioning at site
- Review and sign off Inspection Test Plans and quality check forms
- Witness tests at site or at supplier’s work and approve test report
- Conduct field investigations when needed; produce field reports with detailed sketches
- Coordinate with other disciplines and assist home office engineers and/or designers to ensure effective quality product
- Respond to site RFIs with demonstration of sound technical knowledge, with good interpretation skills of electrical codes and standard
- Investigate and resolve unusual design and field engineering problems by devising new approaches
- Provide technical guidance to the electrical contractors and site electrical team
- Examine and certify electrical contractor’s work at site
- Review and approve any addition / deletion of electrical work into original scope of work of the contractor
- Review and approve electrical construction work done by the contractor
- Electrical Engineering degree
- Minimum of 4-8 years of hands on engineering experience required in petrochemical, midstream or other heavy industries.
- P.Eng license
- Excellent verbal, written communication skills required
- Must have solid understanding of construction site regulations regarding Health, safety & environment
- Knowledge of electrical calculation and computer applications
- Ability to integrate new technologies into daily work processes
- Experience of working with other disciplines understanding their interface requirements in a construction site.
- Sound acquaintances with Canadian electrical codes, CSA, NEMA, NETA and IEEE standard
- Sound knowledge in electrical site acceptance test for digital relays, LV & MV switchgear, motors, cables and MCC
- Must have sound knowledge in design and installation of low voltage and medium voltage power system including 4160V motors & it’s control, protective relays, medium sized transformers, 25kV vacuum circuit breakers, LV variable frequency drives and MV/LV motor control centers and hazardous area classification
- Must have sound knowledge in cabling work and electrical grounding work
Though we thank all applicants that apply for this role, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.