Billing Rates Administrator
Join the ranks of Stikeman Elliott, one of the most distinguished and respected corporate law firms in Canada. Our Toronto office is located in the heart of the financial district, with prime access to public transit, which makes it ideal for commuters.
Our Finance Department is a fast-paced, organized and results-driven team that is looking to hire an additional Billing Rates Administrator. If this team sounds like you, don’t miss this fantastic opportunity.
- Adhere to client specific guidelines of rate submissions, weekly, monthly, discounted rates etc.
- Follows up on a weekly basis to confirm if billing rates have been approved by the client.
- Works closely with the billing team regarding any rate discrepancies.
- Rejected billing rates or unapproved timekeepers and makes adjustments to CMS or the e-billing vendor portal, this includes re-valuing time
- Reviews unreleased Intapp, time entries whereby adding the relevant timekeepers to CMS.
- Add and propose billing rates to client’s e-billing site for their approval
- Manage external billing rate database and trackers, adhering to the higher level of confidentiality.
Adds timekeepers to:
- creating a new timekeeper profile
- adjusting a current billing rate or submitting a new billing rate
- CMS Working Groups
- Existing fee rate sets and re-values time
- Various ebilling vendor portals
Billing, assist with:
- Posting bills and Write offs to CMS
- Ensuring Working List Requests are handled in a timely manner
- Perform other tasks and or projects under the direction of the Billing Supervisor
Qualifications and Required Experience:
- 2+ years of relevant experience in a similar capacity is preferred
- Experience in the legal industry or a professional services environment is an asset
- Knowledge of CMS is preferred
- Excellent project coordination, organizational skills and attention to detail
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills with the ability to quickly learn new technologies
- Strong and confident communicator, both written and verbal communication skills
- Problem-solving mindset with the ability to use good judgment when balancing competing priorities
- Team player who can support a wide variety of stakeholders
You acknowledge and accept that due to health and safety requirements, you must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 and provide proof of a Health Canada approved COVID-19 vaccination prior to commencing your employment with the Firm. However, the Firm will make reasonable accommodation efforts if you cannot be vaccinated due to medical, religious, or other grounds to the extent protected by applicable human rights legislation.
Stikeman Elliott is committed to accommodating people with disabilities as part of our hiring process. If you have special requirements, please advise Human Resources during the recruitment process.