We’re looking for a Service Desk Analyst to join our dynamic, talented, and friendly team in Toronto. In this first-level technical support role you’ll respond to end-user phone, email and in-person requests. You’ll be passionate about delivering exceptional client service and knowledgeable across a broad range of business applications and technologies.
If you are a customer service-oriented Service Desk Analyst with a strong understanding of software and hardware solutions, this is the role for you! It provides a fantastic opportunity to join Stikeman Elliott LLP located conveniently in the heart of the Toronto financial district.
Please note this is a 1 Year Contract.
- Provide first-level office-wide support, with accountability for resolving end-user technical queries
- Respond to incoming telephone calls and emails related to technical issues or requests*
- Prioritize escalations by problem severity and business impact*
- Collaborate with other technical departments to troubleshoot incidents*
- Record, monitor and manage incidents and service requests in the ticketing system
- Escalate unresolved issues to relevant IT groups*
- Monitor system generated service alerts and escalate to second-level support, when required
- Contribute to firm policies, procedures, and service standards
- Actively seek opportunities for service improvement, recognizing the needs and expectations of end users
Knowledge and Experience
- 2+ years of experience in providing technical service desk support in a professional services environment
- Bachelor's Degree or College Diploma in Information Technology or a related field is an asset
- MCSE and/or ITIL Foundations certifications are an asset
- Excellent understanding of Windows 10 Microsoft operating system and Microsoft 365 applications*
- Experienced with setting up computer workstations with devices such as docking stations, printers, monitors, and cabling
- Solid technical understanding of networking components such as TCP/IP, DNS, and DHCP*
- Experience with managing users in Active Directory
- Experienced with troubleshooting desktop and laptop hardware components
- Experience with remote access technologies such as VPN and Citrix
Skills and Abilities:
- Strong and confident communicator with outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- French is as an Asset
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail, with the ability to pivot and change direction as needed
- Problem solving mindset with the ability to use good judgment when balancing competing priorities
- Ability to think logically and work well under pressure
- Ability to manage and prioritize tasks
- Team player who can work with a wide variety of stakeholders
- Ability to lift heavy computer equipment weighing up to 50 lbs.
Please Note: Our firm has a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy which requires all firm members to be fully vaccinated with a Health Canada approved COVID-19 vaccine. You will not be asked to disclose your vaccination status during the interview process. If you are offered employment, you will find a vaccination clause in your offer of employment providing that prior to commencing any employment with the Firm, you must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 and provide proof of a Health Canada approved COVID-19 vaccination. The Firm will make reasonable accommodation efforts if you cannot be vaccinated due to medical, religious, or other grounds to the extent protected by applicable human rights legislation.
Stikeman Elliott is committed to accommodating people with disabilities as part of our hiring process. If you have special requirements, please advise Human Resources during the recruitment process.