A great opportunity to join our skilled, innovative, and results-driven technology team as a pivotal member. The Administrative Assistant to our Chief Information Officer, Derek Cullen, will be providing a range of support in ensuring that the CIO can be as effective on as possible on a daily basis.
Key responsibilities will include calendar and time management, travel arrangements, preparation of executive presentations, maintaining minutes and actions for various meetings, assisting with various executive reporting, and interfacing on the CIO’s behalf with other executives and leaders at the Firm.
Principle Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manages the CIO’s calendar and communicates with internal and external clients.
- Coordinating arrangements for meetings (boardrooms, equipment, materials etc.).
- Assist with delegating technology requests on behalf of the CIO.
- Maintaining organized files/records for all technology related material as required by the Technology Leaders.
- Assist with all presentations prepared by the CIO.
- Assist with the compilation of bi-annual Technology Partnership Board reports.
- Maintain up to date information on all Technology vendor and partner contacts.
- Assist the CIO and other technology leaders with expense management.
- Act as a gatekeeper for keeping the technology intranet site up to date with all request changes from the team.
- Maintains Technology Department vacation calendar and tracks all vacations and absenteeism within the department.
- Maintains technology training periodicals subscriptions and association memberships for the CIO and Technology Leaders.
- Act as central QA source for all Technology material and documentation used for firm wide communication or broader “change” initiatives.
- Assist the CIO with time management in relation to personal endeavors outside of the firm but related to their role at the firm (e.g., Public Speaking, Board Participation, etc.).
Knowledge and Experience:
- 5+ years of experience administrative/executive assistant.
- Clear understanding of basic technology/computer terminologies.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, including advanced Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Basic accounting skills, including profit and loss budget reconciliation.
Skills and Abilities:
- Proven organizational, time management, and multi-tasking skills.
- Strong analytical skills (ability to isolate causes of potential problems and ability to determine appropriate solutions)
- Ability to recognize opportunities and/or challenges and proactively exercise judgment; ability to act on own initiative.
- Demonstrated ability to work as a team player, i.e., interact and negotiate with internal clients in a professional and courteous manner.
Please Note: Our firm has a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy which requires all firm members to be fully vaccinated with a Health Canada-approved COVID-19 vaccine. You will not be asked to disclose your vaccination status during the interview process. If you are offered employment, you will find a vaccination clause in your offer of employment providing that prior to commencing any employment with the Firm, you must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 and provide proof of a Health Canada-approved COVID-19 vaccination. The Firm will make reasonable accommodation efforts if you cannot be vaccinated due to medical, religious, or other grounds to the extent protected by applicable human rights legislation.
Stikeman Elliott is committed to accommodating people with disabilities as part of our hiring process. If you have special requirements, please advise Human Resources during the recruitment process.