As a Buyer – Site Procurement you will create a competitive advantage and limit exposure for LANXESS through the procurement of goods and services required to support the Canada sites located at Elmira and West Hill. The Buyer will collaborate with business units and group functions to identify opportunities to support develop and implement strategic initiatives. They will be responsible for corporate development, administration, conducting new sourcing, bidding and negotiations to meet business area requirement while supporting continuous improvement in terms of Quality, Service and Total Cost of Ownership.
This is a one year contract. The position will be based out of the Elmira site with periodic travel to the West Hill site.
- Analyze market structure, trends, technical developments and regulatory trends that impact competitiveness and/or affect availability and delivered cost of materials and services.
- Develop and recommend short and long term procurement strategies aimed at meeting site technical goods requirements in a manner that provides security of supply of timely and cost competitive materials or services of the appropriate quality.
- Implement strategies rolled out by Global Procurement & Logistics.
- Communicate procurement strategies to stakeholders and present a “one voice” message to potential suppliers to conduct fair and effective bid processes
- Conduct pre bid vendor assessments and evaluations including HSEQ and Financial stability analysis.
- Establish contracts from initial bid packages through bid award, negotiation (including pricing, terms & conditions, scope of work, etc.) through final agreement, with the approval of the appropriate LANXESS PRO and BU/GF management.
- Negotiate resolution of claims, disputes, changes in scope and material price changes.
- Communicate plans and roll-out new supplier programs to fully implement procurement strategies.
- Manage ongoing supplier relationships.
- Comply with all established departmental objectives with regards to supplier evaluations, supplier visit reports and cost savings reporting.
- Engage in getting assessments and approvals done for Together for Sustainability (TfS) initiative.
- Degree in Business or Diploma in Materials Management or applicable related field.
- 2 to 5 years of experience in purchasing, materials management, contract management or related field and relevant experience supporting production sites.
- Proven ability to develop and deliver persuasive argumentation in pricing and contract negotiations is required.
- The ability to influence and persuade individuals at all levels of the LANXESS organization to gain support for key procurement initiatives.
- Proven organizational skills to manage multiple projects and bids simultaneously, with minimal supervision.
- Thorough understanding of the typical language found in procurement contracts and sensitivity to the clauses having particular importance to the buyer is essential.
- The ability to organize diverse information, analyze and resolve disputes, understand internal customer requirements, make independent decisions, and display strong interpersonal and communication skills with individuals at all levels of LXS and supplier organizations.
- Basic understanding of management accounting principles and financial analysis skills are essential.
- Strong analytical skills and negotiation skills.
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal) are required.
- SAP experience required.
- Experience using MS Suite, running ERP reports and e-sourcing tools.
- Experience and/or knowledge of basic manufacturing plants an asset.
- Professional Certification an asset.
- An independent, self-starter with the ability to work in a high pace environment.
LANXESS is committed to providing accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process. If you require an accommodation with respect to the recruitment and selection process, or with respect to the performance of the job, accommodation is available in accordance with the Company’s policies.