Who we are: LANXESS is a leading specialty chemicals company with sales of EUR 7.2 billion in 2018. The West Hill facility began operations in 1962 and has expanded to 23 acres.
What we do: Manufacture Grease and Specialty Additives. Our grease is used to keep machinery running smoothly in food processing, manufacturing, marine, power generation and many other industries. Our Specialty Additives and lubricants are used in automotive, marine and aviation oils, transmission fluids and fuels to enhance performance and extend engine life.
LANXESS Canada is committed to providing accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process. If you require an accommodation with respect to the recruitment and selection process, or with respect to the performance of the job, accommodation is available in accordance with the Company’s policies.
What we’re looking for:
- Excellent working knowledge of SAP, specifically cycle counting procedures and inventory adjustments, process orders and MIGO
- Understand basic accounting procedures with ability to analyse process order variances and make the appropriate adjustments in SAP
- Working knowledge of issuance of inventory procedures, requisitions, purchase orders, invoices, packing slips, bills of lading
- Must be able to perform physical activities such as, lifting (up to 50 lbs), bending, climbing or walking on a consistent basis
- Capable of operating a fork truck and delivering parts throughout the facility
- 5 Years’ experience preferred
- Post-secondary education in Purchasing or a Maintenance trade certification preferred
- Negotiation & Communication skills desirable
- Mechanical aptitude with an ability to learn how to identify maintenance parts and supplies.
- Organizational skills - able to plan, catalog, & properly store maintenance parts and supplies
- Receive & inspect all incoming material and reconcile with purchase orders
- Report, document and track damages and discrepancies on orders received
- Purchase, receive, store, tag and track items in SAP
- Communicate directly with vendors, reconcile shortages or back orders
- Perform inventory control and cycle counts in stores
- Order required stock and custom materials for production, facilities, and maintenance.
- Coordinate and track outside repair items; control inventory of rebuilt items in Stores Document Management
- Confirm Contractor labour hours on weekly basis in SAP; reconcile hours to work orders
- Maintain records of approved/required accounting documentation
- Maintain records to auditable standards
- Resolve receipt discrepancies, deliveries, warranties, repairs and surplus property
- Analyze historical data, orders, and quotes on a regular basis
- Investigate and report buying alternatives
- Negotiate alternatives which affect cost, quality, or timing
- Request, review and evaluate vendor quotes to provide strategic savings, required lead times, or improved quality