We are currently seeking an enthusiastic, knowledge and safety orientated individual for the one year contract position of QA Chemist in West Hill, reporting to the QA Manager. We take pride in our approach to safely manufacturing products used around the world; we are committed to protecting our environment and ensuring the highest level of satisfaction of our customers.
The QA Chemist will provide technical and analytic support for the manufacturing process and finished product analysis for Lanxess products at the West Hill facility.
- Provide, on a routine basis, raw material analysis, and other assignments as the need arises. This includes shipments, composites, process studies, raw material evaluations, and environmental requirements as well as customer assistance.
- New process development or major modification efforts (for existing, new, or modified products) by conducting chemical studies/identifying and testing modifications and providing support to projects.
- Chemical process improvements and modifications for existing or modified products by conducting chemical studies and providing support to projects.
- On-site chemistry knowledge to facilitate or improve plant operations. This includes pilot/plant testing and startup of process developments and analytical/lab back-up support during pilot/plant testing and startup of process developments.
- Identify chemical process efficiencies, utilization, and capacity improvements. Participate in projects to improve current processes.
- Laboratory studies to understand the chemical principles of existing or new processes.
- Laboratory studies to evaluate changes in raw materials, materials of construction, and process and control parameters. Recommend acceptance or rejection of proposed changes.
- Assist in the qualification of new raw materials.
- Conduct special laboratory or pilot investigations aimed at, improving safety, improving quality or reducing or eliminating waste streams
- Assist the plant in troubleshooting efforts with regards to the production Lanxess products
- To maintain safe, productive, and environmentally acceptable working conditions in the laboratory area and adhere to all plant and laboratory safety rules, policies, and standard operating procedures.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Associate Degree or higher education in Chemical Engineering Technologist, Bachelor of Science in Chemistry preferred.
- Experience in a Laboratory environment
- Statistical process control and statistical quality control.
- Hands-on experience in a QA/QC laboratory in a manufacturing environment preferred.
- Able to perform wet chemistry
- Demonstrated Interpersonal and Teamwork skills.
- Ability to express oneself clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Knowledge of Six Sigma is desired.