Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become financially better off.
Scotiabank is a premier financial institution and Canada’s most international bank recognized as a Best Workplace®, in Canada, Mexico, El Salvador, Costa Rica, Puerto Rico, Dominican Republic, Panama, Peru, Chile and Latin America by the Great Place to Work® Institute.
A multinational winning team
Scotiabank is a leading multinational financial services provider and Canada's most international bank. Since welcoming our first customers in Halifax, Nova Scotia, in 1832, Scotiabank has continued to expand its global reach. Today, through our team of more than 86,000 employees, Scotiabank and its affiliates offer a broad range of products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management, corporate and investment banking, to over 21 million customers in more than 55 countries around the world.
Corporate Social Responsibility
Scotiabank helps to build bright futures worldwide through ethical banking practices, environmental awareness and a commitment to communities.
POSITION TITLE: Junior Programmer Analyst
LOCATION: Toronto, ON
DEPARTMENT: GWRT – Regulatory & Compliance Technology
This position belongs to the Regulatory and Compliance (R&C) Development team. This team is responsible to maintain and build next generation of R&C applications. The ideal candidate will be working in an agile environment with passion for continuous improvement.
- Assist in the investigation and development of Regulatory and Compliance applications. This may involve participation in gathering requirements and developing solutions on an iterative basis.
- Using your knowledge of programming languages and database development to assist the internal technical teams
- May assist in system implementation processes by participating in development, creation of test cases, execution of testing, provision of user documentation and user training.
- Intake and proper management of daily issues through established protocols with effective communication to clients
- All interested applicants must be recent graduate in Computer Science or similar discipline.
- All interested applicants must ensure to submit the most recent copy of your school transcripts to be considered.
- Experience with SQL queries, Java/OOP.
- Experience with UI and Work Flow Development.
- Must be analytical, interpersonal, creative, self-starting, results-oriented and highly motivated.
- Must possess excellent time management and communication skills and have the ability to work well under pressure.
- Database knowledge (Oracle/Sybase/MySQL) and UNIX/LINUX is an asset.
- Business Casual Attire
- Flexible Working Hours
- On-site cafeteria, ATMs
- Free parking (Scarborough location only)
- Close to GO trains, subway and buses
- Shuttle service to GO train and local malls (Scarborough location only)