The Manager, Small Business Strategy & Governance is responsible for oversight, reporting and performance of the Small Business portfolio (deposit, credit and sales and services process) and project implementation & anchoring in PAC and CCAU. The Manager is responsible for the management, development and implementation of multiple initiatives and projects including but not limited to: Enhanced process, policy, marketing and products tailored to meet the unique needs of the IB Small Business segment.
- Assist in the execution of defined segment strategies and tactics that are developed to address evolving customer needs and relationships
- Ability to keep a strategic focus and vision, while managing multiple projects of varying complexity with competing and conflicting priorities and often changing delivery timelines.
- Support the implementation of key long- and short-term strategic initiatives within IB Small Business Banking by establishing and maintaining key strategic relationships within the organization both at head office and the local countries
- Participate in the review of a business process and/or country specific reviews that results in recommendations for improvements
- Promote key sales and service behaviours required to deliver the desired customer experience
- High level understanding of applicable business line objectives and associated projects to determine the impacts of strategic initiatives on the Small Business segment.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of the competitive best practices and emerging trends around customer service and sales strategies and tactics
- Support ongoing processes and activities by completing assigned tasks to support the implementation of planned initiatives in the areas of project, policy, process, marketing and product as identified by IB Consumer & Small Business.
- Review customer service metrics, operational processes and implement changes to improve the overall Small Business customer experience
- Identify and recommend strategies to increase segment dynamics between Small Business and Retail Banking and Small Business and Wholesale Banking
- Participate in concert with local Small Business segment and product teams in the development of product sales and marketing strategies to ensure achievement of product sales and volume targets
- Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- Understand the Small Business credit requirements, cycle and process within International Banking.
Primary Manager:·Senior Manager, Small Business Governance & strategy
Number of employees: TBC
Works with in-country leadership teams to define and deliver divisional program across Pacific Alliance Countries, the Caribbean and Central America
Works with the Director and Senior Manager, Small Business Strategy & Governance to enable and support Segment’s initiatives and healthy portfolio growth. Specifically:
- Ensure Segment view alignment and reporting in all PAC + CCAU countries
- Deliver complete implementation of Small Business segmentation project in accordance to timelines and outcomes
- Drive Small Business portfolio growth in accordance to BNS risk appetite on a multiproduct customer centric approach
Bachelor´s degree required and Master’s degree preferred in Business/Finance/Economics/ discipline
+3 years of relevant experience in segment management (Retail and/or Small Business), customer value proposition design, distribution and product design. Highly motivated and results-oriented in order to apply his/her knowledge to resolve complex business problems that are multi-dimensional and often unstructured.
- Strong Communication skills with exceptional strategic thinking capabilities and a customer and results focus.
- Be able to work on a collaborative approach and build long term relationships with internal stakeholders
- Knowledge of Small Business products, services and value proposition
- Effective business planning and strategic skills
- Strong financial and business analysis skills
- Fluency in English and Spanish mandatory
- Strong teamwork skills, along with the ability to influence and motivate others.
Work in a standard office-based environment; non-standard hours are a common occurrence.