THIS IS A PERMANENT POSITION, NOT AN INTERNSHIP
Celestica's team of Finance professionals drive business results through sustainable approaches and leading-edge thinking. Working with various
business areas located at our sites around the world, the Finance team works to ensure that accounting practices and policies comply with international
and local reporting standards. The team oversees accounting and planning, manages corporate treasury and taxation, implements and monitors business controls, conducts financial analysis, and supports cost engineering.
Celestica's Finance team offers a wide range of opportunities and a solid long-term career path.
If you are looking to join a forward thinking team in a dynamic working environment, we have an opportunity in the Global Tax team for a Tax Manager reporting directly to the Senior Director, Global Tax and indirectly to the VP Global Tax & Treasury in Toronto, Ontario. Those in this position will be a key contributor to the team’s tax operations, tax provisioning, tax advisory, planning, and compliance. You will be involved in projects or programs of diverse scope where analysis requires evaluation of business and taxation aspects on a multi-national or global basis, and will assist in developing and/or carrying out new strategies, policies, practices, methods, programs or techniques and utilizing them to analyze and interpret difficult problems or situations and/or establishing new strategic direction that is site or multi-site specific. Incumbents are accountable for delivering high quality work to ensure site’s / major function’s operations, schedules, and/or performance goals are met.
This position will perform tasks such as, but not limited to, the following:
- Support global tax operations, continuous improvement initiatives, tax projects or planning initiatives, as well as other tax related matters as needed
- Assist in analyzing global income tax, transfer pricing, and indirect tax impacts of non-routine business or corporate development initiatives
- Prepare and/or review IFRS tax provisions and forecasts of global sites located in Asia, Europe and Americas, and provide value-added analysis in managing quarterly consolidated tax provision, uncertain tax positions and external reporting requirements
- Prepare and/or review income tax and/or indirect tax returns, elections and other tax filings or information reporting, as well as transfer pricing studies and reports
- Ensure that new developments in tax are conveyed to the appropriate people in the company and that processes are developed to ensure that the company is in compliance with laws and regulations
- Assist in responding to queries from internal/external/government auditors
- Supports the implementation of an integrated global tax plan, as well as other Global Taxation group initiatives.
- Maintains responsibility and accountability for global tax planning and compliance tasks assigned.
- Strong understanding of the marketplace conditions for taxation and finance
- Strong knowledge of accounting for income taxes under IFRS and understanding of local GAAP in various jurisdictions for income tax balance sheet position and income statement tax provision
- Exposure to transfer pricing rules and indirect tax concepts is an asset
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with a wide variety of internal and external customers
- Team player with strong communication and ability to interface with many international sites to establish strong working relationships and cooperation
- Strong knowledge of software applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and ability to learn and use multiple applications specific to this department (SAP, Longview, TR Workflow Manager, TR Dataflow)
- Ability to evaluate, analyze, prioritize work under tight timelines, and problem solve a variety of tasks to ensure timely and accurate completion
- Duties of this position are performed in a normal office environment
- Duties may require extended periods of sitting and sustained visual concentration on a computer monitor or on numbers and other detailed data
- Repetitive manual movements are frequently required (e.g. data entry, using a computer mouse, using a calculator, etc)
- Occasional overnight travel is required
- 3-8 years of applicable experience working in a large, complex, multi-national company or major accounting firm.
- Minimum 3 years of tax experience preferred
- In-depth knowledge in the areas of corporate taxation and tax accounting are required.
- Knowledge in transfer pricing, international tax, M&A, and indirect tax are assets.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Professional accounting designation, MBA or MTax preferred
- Completion of CICA In-Depth Tax Courses (Parts I and II) preferred
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities of the position. Employees are held accountable for all duties
of the job. Job duties and the % of time identified for any function are subject to change at any time.
At Celestica, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and
supported. Accommodations are available on request for candidates throughout the hiring process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with
you to meet your needs.