This position is an analyst level role at Celestica’s global headquarters in Toronto. In addition to income tax and indirect tax compliance and provision responsibilities, work will also include being involved in global tax matters of diverse scope where analysis requires evaluation of business and taxation aspects on a multi-national or global basis. Incumbents are accountable for delivering high quality work to ensure site’s / major function’s operations, schedules, and performance goals are met.
What’s in it for you?
When you join Celestica, it's more than just a job. It's about being part of a team of uniquely talented and forward-thinking individuals who are passionate about what they do. It’s about joining a leading global company that enables the world’s best brands, and contributing to our innovative and collaborative solutions that help our customers unlock the potential of the future
Tasks performed include but not limited to, the following:
- Prepare IFRS tax provisions and forecasts of global sites located in Asia, Europe and Americas
- Prepare income tax and indirect tax returns, information returns, and reports
- Assist in ensuring that new developments in tax are conveyed to the appropriate people in the company and that processes are developed to ensure that the company is in compliance with laws and regulations
- Assist in responding to queries from internal/external/government auditors
- Support global tax planning and process improvement initiatives, as well as other tax related matters on an ad hoc basis
- Assist in maintaining task management tool
- At least one year relevant experience and knowledge of accounting for income taxes under IFRS preffered;
- Knowledge of corporate income taxation and/or indirect taxation; knowledge of transfer pricing, international tax or
- M&A tax is an asset;
- Team player with good communication, negotiation and presentation skills;
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with a wide variety of internal and external customers;
- Ability to interface with many international sites to establish strong working relationships and cooperation
- Strong knowledge of basic computer applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and the ability to learn and use multiple applications specific to this department (SAP, Longview, OneSource Workflow Manager and Dataflow)
- Ability to evaluate, analyze, prioritize work under tight timelines, and problem solve a variety of tasks to ensure timely and accurate completion
Duties of this position are performed in a normal office environment
Duties may require extended periods of sitting and sustained visual concentration on a computer monitor or on numbers and other detailed data
Repetitive manual movements are frequently
Celestica is committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. Accommodations are available on request for candidates throughout the hiring process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
Celestica (NYSE, TSX: C LS) is a US$5.6 billion global leader in the delivery of end-to-end product lifecycle solutions. Our customers trust us to deliver the most advanced design, engineering and manufacturing expertise for their highly sophisticated and complex products. From advanced medical devices, to highly engineered aviation systems, to next generation hardware solutions for the Cloud, at Celestica we manage the complexity for our customers and set the bar for quality and reliability in their markets. Our customer portfolio includes leaders in the enterprise computing, communications, aerospace and defense, industrial, smart energy, healthtech and semiconductor markets. Headquartered in Toronto, our global network spans 13 countries with 26,000 employees throughout the Americas, Europe and Asia.