Position Title: SIEBEL DATA ANALYST INTERN
GE Business: GE HEALTHCARE
Location: MISSISSSAUGA, ON
Duration: 12 MONTHS
Anticipated Start Date: June 2019
Number of positions: 1
Application Deadline: May 3, 2019
As an integral part of Service Operations and the Siebel team, you will be involved in Siebel CRM daily operational activities. You are responsible for:
1. Investigate, root cause, and define a solution for issues related to the implementation of the customized Siebel-based software reflecting GE’s business model.
2. Investigate, root cause, and define a solution based on the issues uncovered in Siebel related to the database contents. Here, the analyst must scope the issue, clearly define the criteria used to identify all entries that are affected and recommend a way of correcting all database entries, including preparing\\ data sets to support offshore resources and writing SOPs and job-aids.
You will be required to assist the Siebel manager and other team members with any further duties as required.
• Provide and update SOPs reflecting on-going Siebel process improvements. This will include corrections, code enhancement updates and testing the new code (eg. Pricing discrepancies and preventive maintenance schedules, among other tasks).
• Gather the unique needs of Canadian Siebel users and work with the Canadian Siebel team to submit to the Americas Siebel design team.
• Determine root causes of Siebel errors in billing, service requests, contract entitlement issues, etc. and submit those defects into the Siebel Americas Support Centre. Example: Assist to resolve transactions caught in the interface between Siebel and Oracle.
• Assist the Siebel Team with adhoc issues and glitches, and opening Helpdesk cases if necessary.
• Work closely with Siebel team members to monitor and keep up-to-date the Siebel Issue Tracker spreadsheet which tracks the performance of all parties and provide updates to the Canadian Healthcare community through regular meetings.
• Correct missing data for customers and Install Base by interrogating various remote data sources and updating Siebel with the corrected data.
• Fix PM schedules in service requests with support from team. Check with FSRs and contract specialists and manipulate incorrect existing schedules in Siebel.
• Set up new service offerings, entitlements and link price lists to them.
• Check service special offerings (Vaporizer Exchange Program & Exchange Parts, etc.) and correctly set up them to be processed in Siebel.
• Investigate requests for parts from FSRs/support leaders and determine if the service part number needs to be activated in Oracle. Determine where to source these parts and if there are alternate part numbers.
• Update FSR skills and sites in Siebel User Administration page for FSR.
• Support IB Specialist with any errors/questions regarding the Install Base in Siebel. Provide hints and tips on possible error fields in IB.
• Support and provide backup coverage for other Siebel team members.
• Proficient in Siebel, MS Office Suite: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.
• Willingness to learn new tools and functional processes.
• Strong problem solving, prioritization and organization skills with the ability to manage multiple competing tasks.
• Organized self-starter who can multitask in a fast-paced environment.
• Self motivated team player with a track record of meeting deadlines.
• Excellent communication skills to interface with all business users.
Proven analytical and problem resolution skills.
• Ability to work with large data sets and extract required information in an organized format.
• Ability to write well written technical reports describing finding of investigation so others may follow to correct identified issues.
• Ability to analyze severity of issues quickly and prioritize issues
• Maintain and follow up as necessary to drive issues to completion
• University undergraduate degree or equivalent experience in Math, Science, Business or Engineering.
• Fluent in French is desired
• Related experience with the implementation of standardized data analysis, conversion and reporting processes is an asset
• Knowledge of Oracle or an Oracle relational database system is an asset
• Knowledge of Cognos is an asset
• Knowledge in Siebel CRM or other CRMs is an asset.
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com