Reporting to the Director of Business Development, the primary role of the Finance and Business Development Coordinator is to support the finance and business development departments in successfully delivering on all of its key operational functions and deliverables through timely data input, analysis and reporting. The Finance and Business Coordinator will also play a key role in engagement with current and potential corporate members/supporters of the OCC.
This role will appeal to a financial professional interested in providing support and analysis in the area of business development.
- Business Development
- Collect data required for current, new and prospective members as required
- Ensure database is current and accurate to provide timely and insightful analysis and reporting.
- Maintain the database to ensure all updates and changes occur on a daily basis.
- Provide onboarding materials to new members in a timely and responsive manner.
- Prepare new and existing contracts and proposals for OCC clients and members.
- Notify “dashboard” contributors of deadlines to gather relevant data for dashboard creation.
- Create regular and “on demand” custom reports for the business development team.
- Issue timely monthly corporate renewal invoices according to an established timetable.
- Provide assistance to Senior Accounting Officer to collect unpaid membership dues.
- Maintain paper records to ensure accurate, prompt retrieval for as long as the files are required.
- Ensure accurate and organized filing and storage of paid invoices.
- Create new files for new companies according to filing and document protocols established for consistency and easy location.
- Maintain electronic file copies of sponsorship contracts, ensuring each event has its own folder file for easy retrieval.
- Check all sponsorship documents for approvals and signatures and return to “owners” to complete.
- Review and match credit card statements with receipts to provide to Senior Accounting Officer for validation and checking.
- OCC Team Contributions:
- Work collaboratively with the policy leads to ensure members are in the CRM system
- Work collaboratively with the Communications team
- Work collaboratively with Event team.
- Perform other duties that may be assigned from time to time by the Director of Business Development and Senior Accounting Officer
- Education: minimum of bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance or Business Administration.
- Experience: 1-3 years of experience in database analysis, administrative and finance.