The Ontario Chamber of Commerce is a not-for-profit business advocacy organization representing approximately 60,000 businesses of all sizes, in all economic sectors and from every area of the province.
About the employment opportunity: The Ontario Chamber of Commerce (OCC) is seeking a juniorlevel Membership & Office Coordinator to support and service our diverse network of local chambers of commerce and boards of trade, while carrying out day-to-day office administrative duties, fielding general inquiries and receiving business visitors to the OCC. The ideal candidate for this position will bring strong communication skills, be highly customer-focused and excel in a team environment with competing priorities and deadlines.
In this role, the Membership & Office Coordinator will split their time between supporting our members, the 135 Chambers of Commerce and Boards of Trade that we represent across Ontario, as well as fulfill office administration duties to support day to day business operations. They will work collaboratively across all departments to uphold the exceptional service standards expected of the OCC.
▪ Bachelor’s degree or Advanced Diploma in a field such as Business Administration, Communications or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
▪ Experience with significant results achieved in a similar role.
▪ Prior experience in a not-for-profit, membership-based industry is beneficial, but not required.
▪ Excellent organizational, planning, and time management skills, with attention to detail.
▪ Knowledge of CRM systems, including maintenance and usage, and gathering and analyzing data to inform service offerings.
▪ Proficient with MS Office Suite.
▪ Ability to prioritize, multi-task and manage multiple projects.
▪ Ability to work as part of a team or independently, with sound judgment and the ability to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines.
▪ Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
▪ Effective communication skills, including, verbal, written and editing skills.
▪ General knowledge of Ontario’s business environment and an interest in the public policy landscape.
▪ Professional, dependable, positive and collaborative spirit.
Major Duties & Responsibilities:
Network Support (Approx. 70%)
▪ Coordinate the annual chamber membership renewal process including distribution and collection of membership commitment forms, monitoring the payment of dues and follow up with individual chambers as required.
▪ Coordinate and track visit and outreach activities to local chambers by the OCC team.
▪ Respond to inquiries from members and stakeholders, engaging other staff as appropriate.
▪ Schedule various meetings, conference calls and email communications with staff and the Chamber Network.
▪ Monitor and track all aspects of membership life-cycle.
▪ Review submissions for chamber accreditation.
▪ Coordinate and develop content for a bi-weekly newsletter.
▪ Assisting at OCC events when required.
▪ Compile and distribute notes from monthly teleconference calls.
Office Administration (Approx. 30%)
▪ Front office support and reception.
▪ Ensure efficient and effective operation of the office o Order office supplies, kitchen supplies, records management, etc.
▪ Responding to phone and in-person inquiries.
▪ Refer clients to appropriate team members.
▪ Administrative support for the management team and other staff as required.
▪ And other projects as required.
The Ontario Chamber of Commerce is an equal opportunity employer committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environment. We will accommodate the needs of applicants under the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please ensure to advise us so that your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout this process. Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.