What is this opportunity?
As an Advice Centre Recruitment Consultant, you will have the opportunity to learn the Recruitment Coordinator and Recruitment Consultant roles which includes, posting job requisitions, reviewing resumes, and managing the full life-cycle recruitment process for RBC Advice Centre roles. You will learn to conduct web-based behavioural interviews and partake in Group Interviews. You will partner with the business and play a key role in recommending and on-boarding qualified candidates for customer service and solution based opportunities while helping build the RBC Advice Centre workforce.
Please note that this is a 5-month Career Edge contract.
What will you do?
- Identify suitable candidate profiles to move forward in the recruitment process while overseeing, maintaining and reviewing metrics related to the candidate assessment process for Advice Centre high volume roles.
- Accurately input documentation on candidates, interview schedules and other recruiting activities using TalentLink, the applicant tracking system (ATS).
- Acts as Subject Matter Expert for hiring managers throughout the recruitment process and represents the recruiting team by attending Advice Centre related meetings as required, and embeds diversity conversations in all recruitment and sourcing activities.
- Focus on quality of hire and appropriately positioning the Advice Centre roles’ responsibilities and requirements to assist in maintaining or reducing first year attrition.
- Manage the recruitment process including document/track all pertinent information using TalentLink. Holds responsibility for the data integrity in all information entered into the ATS and maintains all service levels for recruitment.
- Review resumes and credentials for suitability of skills, experience and knowledge in relation to position requirements using appropriate selection techniques, and build/maintain a strong pipeline of candidates for recurring and hard-to-fill roles through appropriate and targeted sourcing.
- Conduct web-based interviews with selected candidates to further validate skills, experience and knowledge in relation to position requirements using behavioral-based interview techniques. Conduct group interviews alongside business partners on a weekly/bi-weekly basis. Manage the complete on-boarding process for every hire.
What do you need to succeed?
- Strong organizational, time management and process management skills necessary to maintain high volume workload; as well as keen attention to detail.
- Excellent relationship building skills and proven ability to provide value added consultative service.
- Strong computer navigation, typing and presentation skills; as well as proper telephone etiquette and digitally savvy.
- Strong mastery of English and French (written and oral).
- Strong knowledge of the Advice Centre and/or Retail Banking platforms.
- HR related education/business experience.
- Experience within the Advice Centre in a service, specialty, or support role.
- Full life-cycle recruitment experience; financial services industry, corporate and/or recruitment agency experience is preferred.
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients succeed. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities and achieving success that is mutual.
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- Opportunities to do challenging work
- Opportunities to take on progressively greater accountabilities
Royal Bank of Canada is Canada’s largest bank, and one of the largest banks in the world, based on market capitalization. We are one of North America’s leading diversified financial services companies, and provide personal and commercial banking, wealth management, insurance, investor services and capital markets products and services on a global basis. We have over 80,000 full- and part-time employees who serve more than 16 million personal, business, public sector and institutional clients through offices in Canada, the U.S. and 37 other countries. For more information, please visit rbc.com.
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
RBC is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodations during the application process are available upon request.
*Remeber to follow the instructions after submitting an application to Career Edge portal. You will be directed to RBC Career Website to submit an application again in order to be considered for this role.