What is the job?
- The primary objective of the position is to provide day-to-day administration of Syndicated facilities for which Royal Bank of Canada is Agent.
- The competence with which the incumbent’s duties are carried out has a major impact on the credibility of the department, both within and outside the Bank. The role of Agent is highly visible and affects the Bank’s ability to obtain Syndication and Agency mandates. Failure to perform in an efficient and competent manner can not only jeopardize the Bank’s reputation, but can also result in significant material losses.
- The incumbent must display considerable initiative in either resolving or referring the various requests for information and/or action that arise daily.
What will you do?
- Provides support to deal managers
- Establish and maintain contact information for each deal in ACBS, including names, addresses, telephone and fax numbers for both the credit and the administrative contacts for each participant.
- Maintain credit contact information current in SyndTrak and Debtdomain for each agented deals
- Establish and maintain payment templates for each participant in ACBS and processes manual wires using BESS and RBC Express as required
- Establish templates and process wires in RBC Express for closings
- Verify administrative and payment details of other Administration Officers
- Posting and verifying incoming financial reports, credit agreements and other documents in Syndtrak and Debitdomain.
- Conduct investigations with both the Toronto and New York Payment Centres to determine the status of incoming or outgoing payments
- As part of day to day process; identify and recommend process changes that will drive efficiencies
- Contributes in updating operating tool guide and checklist.
- Perform clerical duties including filing, archiving, faxing, ordering stationary, and arranging mail and courier deliveries
- Provide back up for other Administration Officers
What will help you succeed in this role?
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proficiency in Word, Excel
- Ability to prioritize, work under pressure and meet time sensitive deadlines while effectively prioritizing conflicting priorities requests from various colleagues
- Ability to work effectively and independently and within a team environment
- Ability to communicate effectively with people at various levels both internally and externally
- Highly organized with a strong commitment to client service and attention to detail
- Strong computer skills (grasps new programs, concepts quickly),
- Effective time management skills
90% Updating Information in different bank systems
10% Clerical duties
Royal Bank of Canada is Canada’s largest bank, and one of the largest banks in the world, based on market capitalization. We are one of North America’s leading diversified financial services companies, and provide personal and commercial banking, wealth management, insurance, investor services and capital markets products and services on a global basis. We have over 80,000 full- and part-time employees who serve more than 16 million personal, business, public sector and institutional clients through offices in Canada, the U.S. and 37 other countries. For more information, please visit rbc.com.
Get Career Alerts
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up for Career Alerts and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
RBC is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodations during the application process are available upon request.
*Remeber to follow the instructions after submitting an application to Career Edge portal. You will be directed to RBC Career Website to submit an application again in order to be considered for this role. Please keep your name consistent on both application tracking systems.