*Remeber to follow the instructions after submitting an application to Career Edge portal. You will be directed to RBC Career Website to submit an application again in order to be considered for this role. Please keep your name consistent on both application tracking systems. Thank you
The primarily responsibility of the Assistant Delivery Practice Officer will be to assist and support the Delivery Practice Lead and Sr. Directors/Directors in Digital Delivery with a broad range of activities related to Talent Acquisition, Talent Training and Support of Project Managers/Scrum Masters. As well as maintain Digital specific tools and templates used by the Digital Delivery team.
- Assists in the review and revision of Digital Project Manager and Scrum Master Mandates and posting positions on public and secure recruiting sites when required.
- Assists with the sourcing, screening, and assessing of candidates with the Delivery Practice Lead to provide recommendations to Senior Directors/Directors for hiring of Project Managers and Scrum Masters within Digital Delivery.
- Assists with Project Manager and Scrum Master on-boarding activities.
- Attends and participates in Project Manager/Scrum Master Resource meetings to understand forecast needs when required.
- Assist with the assessment of training effectiveness through surveys and continuous feedback and looks for opportunities to improve.
- Collaboration with colleagues across the organization to get things done.
- Successfully executes delivery process change while supporting employees through proactive communication.
- Under the direction of the Delivery Practice Lead, assist in the updates of the Digital Delivery Playbook, RASIO, Stakeholder Analysis, Financial Cost Workbook and other Project Management tools as needed.
Talent Training and Support
- Assist the Delivery Practice Lead, in coordination with the Delivery Leads to determine, design, execution, and analysis of educational programs for Project Managers/Scrum Masters.
- Assists in creating and managing common learning maps for Project Managers/Scrum Masters and monitor the progress against them as required by the Delivery Leads.
- Assist in the design and execution of Project Manager and Scrum Master new hire orientation programs, to acclimate new hires to the company/department
- Assist Delivery Practice Lead to ensure successful delivery of talent acquisition.
- Along with feedback from and gaps identified by Delivery Leads, accountable for successful delivery of training programs for Project Managers and Scrum Masters.
- Assist Delivery Practice Lead to support Delivery Leads and Program Managers in identifying and delivery of Development Plans per individual Project Manager.
- Assist Delivery Practice Lead to recommend to Sr. Directors/Directors on allocation of people to project assignments and development opportunities.
- This position is expected to assist in solving operational problems of high complexity with some guidance from Manager.
- Contribute to project success by ensuring all Project Manager and Scrum Master new hires start projects with a base understanding of how RBC and Digital executes projects. .
- Delivery Practice Lead
- Third party service providers e.g. CWM
- Senior Directors/Directors, Digital Delivery
- Senior Manager, Digital Delivery Methodology
- Director, Digital PMO
- Recent 3+ years speciality expertise using iterative and Agile practices in Project Management and People Management
- Sound knowledge in Project Management methodologies, policies and practices used to project delivery
- Solid communication, facilitation, presentation skills – oral and written
- Superior interpersonal skills – able to work effectively with a diverse cross-section of individuals across business, functional and organizational boundaries in a complex and diverse organization
- Deadline-driven and results oriented, strong project management knowledge
- Achievement oriented, decisive and ‘make it happen’ mindset and attitude
- Sound knowledge of the following tools: Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Ability to work under minimal supervision, including independent judgment in areas of time management, task prioritization and decision-making.
- Ability to adapt and learn new tools/applications as required for the job
Office environment in downtown core with a 70/30 split between stakeholder meetings and computer interaction. Business travel may be required on an as needed basis.
- 40% Talent Acquisition
- 40% Talent Training and Support
- 20% Performance Enablement
Royal Bank of Canada is Canada’s largest bank, and one of the largest banks in the world, based on market capitalization. We are one of North America’s leading diversified financial services companies, and provide personal and commercial banking, wealth management, insurance, investor services and capital markets products and services on a global basis. We have over 80,000 full- and part-time employees who serve more than 16 million personal, business, public sector and institutional clients through offices in Canada, the U.S. and 37 other countries. For more information, please visit rbc.com.
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers.
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
RBC is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodations during the application process are available upon request.