*Remeber to follow the instructions after submitting an application to Career Edge portal. You will be directed to RBC Career Website to submit an application again in order to be considered for this role.
Please keep your name consistent on both application tracking systems. Thank you
What is the job?
The Program Control Officer will provide ongoing support to the Regulatory Compliance Management (RCM) Program Management Office (PMO) in compliance. This primarily includes the project logistics, involvement in the tracking of financials, management of action items, issues and risks, logging inter project dependencies, status reporting, and document and communications management duties at the program or project level and organizing meetings and documenting meeting minutes. In addition, strong data & analytical skills will be required to conduct analysis, data mining and data exploration
What will you do?
- Responsible for document management, including the management and ongoing maintenance of the program repository
- Responsible for program level reporting, including providing assistance to PMO team in preparing project/program presentations, status updates, meeting agendas & minutes, communications and ad hoc reporting as required
- Track deliverables and report progress against plans
- Perform data analysis on various program elements
- Schedule meetings and coordinate resources
- Capture and track issues and risks, and dependencies, plans, benefits, change requests, and decisions
- Produce project deliverables and management documents according to defined standards
- Assists the Project Managers in their follow-up of outstanding deliverables, issues, risks, action items and notifying appropriate parties of any concerns, risks, or issues identified through support deliverables
- With minimum supervision and full accountability, support multiple stakeholders in a complex and demanding business environment
- Provides ongoing schedule management support to Project Manager and other key stakeholders
- Monitors and supports program Cost/Financial Management control processes
- Assist in the collection and analysis of contractor/vendor timesheets and invoices
- Responsible for all delegated deliverables within the program as determined
What will help you succeed in this role?
Years of Experience
One to two years of relevant experience
•An attitude for success and an excellent attention to detail
•Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
•Ability to multi-task effectively
•Data analysis capabilities
•Bachelor degree or equivalent experience
•Superior MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Visio) skills
Details regarding the types of experience required
Experience in a similar role supporting program management
Project management experience
Education / certification requirements (Specify what is required and what is preferred)
Details on skills and knowledge
Knowledge related to program/project cost management, assumptions and risk based planning, risk assessment, schedule management, status reporting, general administration, and program/project management frameworks. Some working knowledge of Agile and SDLC delivery methodologies will be an asset
What’s in it for you?
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- Flexible work/life balance options
- Opportunities to do challenging work
- Opportunities to take on progressively greater accountabilities
Royal Bank of Canada is Canada’s largest bank, and one of the largest banks in the world, based on market capitalization. We are one of North America’s leading diversified financial services companies, and provide personal and commercial banking, wealth management, insurance, investor services and capital markets products and services on a global basis. We have over 80,000 full- and part-time employees who serve more than 16 million personal, business, public sector and institutional clients through offices in Canada, the U.S. and 37 other countries. For more information, please visit rbc.com.
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
RBC is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodations during the application process are available upon request.