Pay rate: We are flexible and willing to pay based on skills brought to the role.
*Remeber to follow the instructions after submitting an application to Career Edge portal. You will be directed to RBC Career Website to submit an application again in order to be considered for this role. Please keep your name consistent on both application tracking systems. Thank you
Given ever-present economic uncertainties, market volatility and accounting complexity, securities monitoring is a significant issue for organizations. The purpose of this position is to support the Senior Manager in the efficient and effective delivery of the enterprise-wide securities reporting. This process is critical to providing effective governance and delivering meaningful disclosures to RBC’s Shareholders, Regulators and the Analyst community.
- Support the enterprise wide reporting and monitoring of Securities portfolios including impairment assessment, classification & measurement, and consolidation & elimination.
- Consolidate the monthly Securities portfolio to populate quarterly disclosures and monthly deliverables while adding transparency and maintaining financial controls
- Support the Senior Manager in delivering timely and accurate reporting for Senior Executives and external stakeholders.
- Maintain accounting & operational guidance on Investment Securities related matters, and maintain sufficient appropriate documentation.
- Keep up-to-date with current events and accounting changes to analyze the impact on the enterprise wide Securities portfolio.
AUTHORITIES, IMPACT, RISK
- Potential impact of the reporting and assessment of the Securities portfolio could lead to a misstatement of the financial results of RBC.
- The Manager is responsible for the consolidation of the enterprise wide securities portfolio. As such, must exercise due care in maintaining a SOX-compliant governance, as well as exhibit attention to detail in delivering complete and accurate financial information.
Financial Advisory & Coordination
- Works closely with Senior Manager and Senior Director, Enterprise Accounting & Initiatives
- Counterparts within Financial & Regulatory Reporting (FRR), Business Platforms, and Accounting Policy Group (APG).
- Group Risk Management (NY, Toronto & London)
- Internal and external auditors, SOX Team
WHATS IN IT FOR YOU?
- Provides the opportunity to be part of a high performance team with progressive thinking to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper.
- Opportunity to build close working relationships with cross-functional teams, globally.
- Opportunity to play a key role in the transformation of the Securities reporting process.
- Opportunity to take on progressively greater accountabilities.
CAPABILITIES & SKILLS
- Strong financial accounting background (CPA preferred ; CFA/MBA nice-to-have);
- Minimum 2-4 years of experience in an accounting/finance and reporting environment;
- Innovative, organized, able to handle and disseminate a significant amount of information from multiple sources
- Excellent computer skills (advanced Excel - experience with macros and navigation with large datasets);
- Comfortable in an environment of continuous change/improvement (challenge the status quo, willingness to learn, adaptable);
- Positive attitude and inquisitive mind-set
- Working conditions are general office environment; however tight timelines and multiple demands for information pertaining to reporting timelines can cause stress.
- High degree of attention to detail, ability to multi-task under tight deadlines.
- There may be a requirement to periodically work extra hours / weekends / statutory holidays during quarterly reporting periods.
Royal Bank of Canada is Canada’s largest bank, and one of the largest banks in the world, based on market capitalization. We are one of North America’s leading diversified financial services companies, and provide personal and commercial banking, wealth management, insurance, investor services and capital markets products and services on a global basis. We have over 80,000 full- and part-time employees who serve more than 16 million personal, business, public sector and institutional clients through offices in Canada, the U.S. and 37 other countries. For more information, please visit rbc.com.
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers.
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
RBC is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodations during the application process are available upon request.