*Remeber to follow the instructions after submitting an application to Career Edge portal. You will be directed to RBC Career Website to submit an application again in order to be considered for this role.
Please keep your name consistent on both application tracking systems. Thank you
What is the opportunity?
As a member of the Contact Centre Technology (CCT) Modernization and Resiliency team, you will be part of the Applications, Infrastructures and Operations group (AIO) which is responsible for the overall implementation, management and support of the Contact Centre Technology Suite (CCTS) components that is the technical framework of RBC Royal Bank's interactive contact centres and call handling groups operations.
This position will play a key role in day-to-day operations to ensure successful Day-2 transition and well-executed CCT operational tasks. You will work on modernization and resiliency initiatives that align with the defined CCT technology roadmap. In addition, you will manage business mission-critical applications, vendors and infrastructure which deliver the service, as well as providing tier-3 support. The technology platform spans the breadth of Windows, Linux, .Net, Java and web-based applications with SQL/Oracle database.
What will you do?
- Lead and provide coaching to CCT project team to ensure projects are transitioned successfully from a Day-2 perspective with fulfillment of all business, technical and operational requirements
- Fulfill day-to-day operations such as CCT MAC changes for business and IT partners
- Provide business, technical and operational day-to-day support to all stakeholders for critical CCT applications
- Coordinate maintenance activities and maintain development, QA and production environments for critical CCT applications to be compliant with enterprise hardware, software and security standards and processes
- Facilitate and execute CCT modernization and resiliency initiatives such as technology modernization, load test, monitoring and automation
- Evaluate, analyze and research business and system needs, exploring options to recommend technology solutions that enhance the resiliency and optimization aspects of CCT systems
What do you need to succeed?
- 3 – 5 years’ experience in development of .NET and Java applications
- Hands-on experience with O/S - Windows and RedHat Linux, Cloud Environment – Bluemix and AWS, Database - SQL and Oracle
- Knowledge of DevOps discipline and best practices; including experience with SCM and DevOps tools: GitHub, Jenkins, UrbanCode Deploy
- Good knowledge of Contact Centre environment with Telecom background
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to converse technical concepts with business or operation team
- Excellent written and verbal communication, and facilitation skills
- Post-secondary degree in Computer Science (or related field)
- Knowledge in Interactive Voice Response (IVR) system and / or Genesys Framework is considered as an asset
- Experience in working with 3rd party service providers and vendors
- Innovative mindset, willing to look outside our industry to discover and act on new ideas
Royal Bank of Canada is Canada’s largest bank, and one of the largest banks in the world, based on market capitalization. We are one of North America’s leading diversified financial services companies, and provide personal and commercial banking, wealth management, insurance, investor services and capital markets products and services on a global basis. We have over 80,000 full- and part-time employees who serve more than 16 million personal, business, public sector and institutional clients through offices in Canada, the U.S. and 37 other countries. For more information, please visit rbc.com.
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
RBC is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodations during the application process are available upon request.