**Remember to follow the instructions after submitting an application to Career Edge portal. You will receive an email with a link to RBC Career Website to submit an application again in order to be considered for this role.
Please keep your name consistent on both application tracking systems. Thank you
- The primary objective of the position is to provide day-to-day servicing/administration of an assigned group of Syndicated facilities for which Royal Bank of Canada is Agent.
- The competence with which the incumbent’s duties are carried out has a major impact on the credibility of the department, both within and outside the Bank. The role of Agent is highly visible and affects the Bank’s ability to obtain Syndication and Agency mandates. Failure to perform in an efficient and competent manner can not only jeopardize the Bank’s reputation, but can also result in significant material losses.
- The incumbent must display a clear understanding of the administrative aspects of each assigned deal in order to resolve the various requests for interpretation and action that arise daily.
- Process transactions in ACBS upon requests from assigned Borrowers for advances, rollovers, conversions or repayments; ensure notice and limit requirements are met, participants are notified, rates are set and payments are made in accordance with the relevant Credit Agreement
- Process secondary assignments upon requests for assigned Borrowers in accordance with established guidelines
- Process interest and fee transactions in ACBS as required by the Credit Agreement
- Process pricing changes as required by the Credit Agreement and within established time frames
- Create and obtain EUC approval for manual spreadsheets as necessary, to record all transactions and calculations that cannot be processed in ACBS
- Maintain a series of Word templates with up-to-date standard instructions to be used as needed for notifications, letters and fax coversheets
- Input or verify payments in RBC Express, RIMMS as required for payments which cannot be processed through ACBS
- Assist Deal Managers on assigned deal closings, ensuring notice and funding requests are processed in accordance with internal guidelines and on a timely manner
- Act as verification officer for all ACBS two touch transactions created by other Administrators
- Assist with the daily reconciliation of the Agency internal accounts by following up for missing entries
- Act as a backup to other Administrators
- Identify gaps in Agency processes and recommend changes to minimize operational/reputational risk
Putting “Client First”
- Our goal is to meet & exceed our clients’ expectations as an organization by delivering the best service possible by listening to and understanding our clients’ needs & concerns, by facilitating internal processes and by coordinating with others to deliver results as expeditiously as possible. Our role includes problem-solving and providing advice as required.
- Get to know your clients, their business and the facilities that we provide very well.
Always Treat Clients with Respect
- For those occasions when follow-up is needed (e.g. late/incomplete deliverables), treat clients fairly and tactfully.
Prioritize for Greatest Impact
- Identify time-sensitive situations and deal with them first. When time is scarce, deal with issues in order of materiality.
- Knowledge of lending products, rate-setting methods and payment methods
- Proficiency in Excel, Word
- Knowledge of ACBS is an asset
- Ability to work effectively both independently and within a team environment
- Ability to prioritize, work under pressure and meet time sensitive deadlines
- Strong organizational skills; detail oriented
- Ability to respond effectively to requests from borrowers and participants especially for accommodations which fall outside the parameters of the Credit Agreement
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Borrowers’ credit officers and administrative staff
- Lenders’ credit officers and administrative staff
- RBC Capital Markets/Commercial Markets staff
- Officers of other RBC Groups including the GLA, Trade Centre, Payments Centre, Treasury
AUTHORITIES, IMPACT, RISK
- Subject matter expert on various administrative and operational aspects of draws, repayments, rollovers and rate settings
- The role of Agent is highly visible and affects the Bank’s ability to obtain Syndication and Agency mandates – the Administrator’s credibility and expertise is of critical importance
- Manages operational and reputational risk and material losses by efficiently and effectively escalating issues to the respective Managers
- 35% - Operations
- 30% - Risk Mitigation/Data Integrity
- 35% - Efficiencies/Teamwork
Royal Bank of Canada is Canada’s largest bank, and one of the largest banks in the world, based on market capitalization. We are one of North America’s leading diversified financial services companies, and provide personal and commercial banking, wealth management, insurance, investor services and capital markets products and services on a global basis. We have over 80,000 full- and part-time employees who serve more than 16 million personal, business, public sector and institutional clients through offices in Canada, the U.S. and 37 other countries. For more information, please visit rbc.com.
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
RBC is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodations during the application process are available upon request.