**Remember to follow the instructions after submitting an application to Career Edge portal. You will receive an email with a link to RBC Career Website to submit an application again in order to be considered for this role.
Please keep your name consistent on both application tracking systems. Thank you
What is the opportunity?
Are you interested in joining a diverse and collaborative environment where you will have the opportunity to learn continuously and develop professionally? Are you excited by the opportunity to develop relationships with institutional investors and other capital markets individuals in Canada and abroad?
RBCCM is looking to add an Associate within the Global Credit, Loan Portfolio Management Group, based in Toronto.
What will you do?
- Transaction execution, business presentations and meetings, and other such duties
- Undertake analytical transactional modelling on buyside of risk transfer products and due diligence on the counterparties from which we buy those products
- Prepare due diligence packages for the syndication of debt to third party hedge counterparties;
- Work on the development and improvement of regulatory capital relief models
- Work on the development of internal decks to senior management within the investment bank
- Support senior bankers on hedging transaction execution
- Assist with the development of policies and procedures
- Assist with monitoring and providing post-close transaction support
- Assist with coordinating feedback with our internal partners in the functions and Group Risk Management
What do you need to succeed?
- Completed MBA/ a post-graduate degree with a focus in law, accounting, corporate finance or other quantitative field or a Charter Holder of CFA and or CPA
- Minimum of 2-4 years of Capital Markets, Investment Banking, Corporate Banking, Corporate Lending, or Credit Derivatives experience
- Well-developed quantitative and qualitative analytical skills
- Demonstrated capability of corporate finance spreadsheet modeling
- Highly motivated, committed and responsible, with a demonstrated ability to manage conflicting priorities and requests
- Strong written and oral communication skills; excellent interpersonal skills with ability to maintain relationships at all levels within the organization
- Relevant transaction execution and coverage experience within a Loan Portfolio Management Group, Corporate Banking, or Investment Banking.
- Front office banking work experience in the Canada, the US or Europe
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and Opportunities to learn & develop professionally
- Opportunities to build close relationships with coverage companies, investors and others internally within Capital Markets
- Work closely with and maintain positive working relationships with Corporate Banking, broader Capital Markets teams and with other areas of the bank, notably Group Risk Management, Global Markets, Global Loans Administration and the Global Banking Service Centre
Royal Bank of Canada is Canada’s largest bank, and one of the largest banks in the world, based on market capitalization. We are one of North America’s leading diversified financial services companies, and provide personal and commercial banking, wealth management, insurance, investor services and capital markets products and services on a global basis. We have over 80,000 full- and part-time employees who serve more than 16 million personal, business, public sector and institutional clients through offices in Canada, the U.S. and 37 other countries. For more information, please visit rbc.com.
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers.
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
RBC is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodations during the application process are available upon request.