**Remember to follow the instructions after submitting an application to Career Edge portal. You will receive an email with a link to RBC Career Website to submit an application again in order to be considered for this role.
Please keep your name consistent on both application tracking systems. Thank you
Role title: Associate Data Scientist
Contract duration: 4 months (with possibility of extension or leading to FTE)
Hourly rate range: $19 - $34 depending on the background/experience
What is the opportunity?
As an Associate Data Scientist, you will analyze, design and implement data science solutions at RBC Technology Infrastructure (TI). Leveraging leading edge technologies and various data sets, you will apply machine learning and statistical modelling techniques to facilitate informed decision-making and business process optimization.
What will you do?
- Be able to quickly learn new tools and technologies and use them in the daily analytics exercises
- Provide analytics support to all Technology Infrastructure pillars. This involves collaborating proactively with various business and technical units to identify business opportunities and designing innovative solutions to optimize processes and promote informed decision-making.
- Prepare and integrate large and various types of data (structured/non-structured)
- Implement machine learning models, data mining methods, and statistical analysis using Python.
- Leverage advanced visualization tools/packages to create powerful representations of results.
- Effectively communicate findings to business partners and executives
- Enable data-driven insights to be translated into decisions and actions by telling a convincing story.
- Collaborate with the development team to deploy production-scale solutions
- Working on challenging and research-based initiatives using advanced machine learning methods
What do you need to succeed?
- Strong coding abilities
- Strong data profiling, cleaning, mining and technical documentation skills.
- Experience in building machine learning models (Supervised/Unsupervised)
- Expert working knowledge of Python and SQL
- Experience with text analytics methods and packages
- Experience with big data technologies – parallel processing techniques and Apache Spark, Hadoop ecosystem, NoSQL/SQL databases
- Familiar with Linux environment, shell scripting, and git
- Experience with deep learning packages such as Tensorflow and Pytorch
- Software engineering background with a focus on statistics and/or analytics
- Experience in Technology Infrastructure
Royal Bank of Canada is Canada’s largest bank, and one of the largest banks in the world, based on market capitalization. We are one of North America’s leading diversified financial services companies, and provide personal and commercial banking, wealth management, insurance, investor services and capital markets products and services on a global basis. We have over 80,000 full- and part-time employees who serve more than 16 million personal, business, public sector and institutional clients through offices in Canada, the U.S. and 37 other countries. For more information, please visit rbc.com.
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers.
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
RBC is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodations during the application process are available upon request.