*THIS IS A THREE MONTH OPPORTUNITY*
**Please follow the instructions after submitting an application to Career Edge portal. You will receive an email with a link to RBC Career Website to submit an application again in order to be considered for this role.
Please keep your name consistent on both application tracking systems. Thank you
What is the opportunity?
- This is a key role where you will report to the Director Finance, Enterprise Operations & Payments. As the Senior Manager Finance, EOP you will proactively improve the financial governance and provide advice and support to the Enterprise Operations & Payments team and their customers across the RBC business platforms.
- You will act as an integral part of associated senior management teams, assisting them in managing costs, allocating costs to RBC businesses, meeting plan, forecast, and cost management targets.
- You will identify opportunities to enhance insights by proactively developing value-added analytics which provide greater transparency, support and drive EOP business results.
- Finally, you will act as the key liaison and centre of financial expertise for assigned businesses.
What will you do?
- Responsible for all financial oversight through financial planning, forecasting, monthly monitoring, variance analysis, insights development, PAR financial analysis, PAR oversight, project spend oversight, vendor billing processing/analysis and validation of cost savings initiatives
- Responsible for regular interaction with EOP management teams including presenting financials and other presentation to senior management to improve accountability and ownership of their budget
- Works in a collaborative team environment with other financial advisors, T&O Finance teams, and other key stakeholders to coordinate financial analysis, financial reporting, and financial controls
- Builds bottom-up quarterly forecast and monthly accrual estimates for EOP groups and facilitate target achievement
- Proactively identifies governance, cost management, financial process issues and engages cross-functional expertise as required to resolve them
- Responsible for managing financial reporting consistency across EOP international regions and to assist them in optimizing the costs under their purview
- Assists EOP international groups with development of cost allocation models, facilitate reporting of charge out to RBC businesses, and monitor recovery of costs
- Works closely with EOP managers, finance teams in international regions, and EOP planning managers to support EOP globalization efforts
What do you need to succeed?
- Finance University degree
- 5+ years’ experience in finance/accounting field
- Excellent analytical skills in Excel
- Excellent presentation skills in PowerPoint
- Business and financial acumen
- Superior advisory and communication capability
Nice to Have:
- Financial designation or MBA
- Knowledge of RBC financial systems and processes
- Knowledge of Operations and Shared Services
Authorities, Impact, Risk
- Primary interaction with EOP executives and EOP managers for overseeing their budgets, spend and helping them optimize costs
- Secondary interactions with EOP planning team, T&O Finance, Platform Finance (Capital Markets and Wealth Management), Enterprise Decision Support, Taxation, Procurement, Finance Operations
- T&O Finance
- Enterprise Operations and Payments Senior Management Team
- International Finance groups
- Office setting, fast-paced environment with multiple stakeholders and deadlines, independent prioritization expected, global interactions, requires some evening/weekend (once a quarter) work.
- Advisory, analysis, planning and forecasting 80%
- Ad-hoc assignments 20%
Royal Bank of Canada is a global financial institution with a purpose-driven, principles-led approach to delivering leading performance. Our success comes from the 84,000+ employees who bring our vision, values and strategy to life so we can help our clients thrive and communities prosper. As Canada’s biggest bank, and one of the largest in the world based on market capitalization, we have a diversified business model with a focus on innovation and providing exceptional experiences to more than 16 million clients in Canada, the U.S. and 34 other countries. Learn more at rbc.com.
We are proud to support a broad range of community initiatives through donations, community investments and employee volunteer activities. See how at rbc.com/community-sustainability.
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers.
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
RBC is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodations during the application process are available upon request.