**Please follow the instructions after submitting an application to Career Edge portal. You will receive an email with a link to RBC Career Website to submit an application again in order to be considered for this role.
Please keep your name consistent on both application tracking systems. Thank you
Contract duration: 4 months (possibility of extension)
Hourly rate or range: $25
What is the opportunity?
As a Data Analyst within the Capital Markets HR Team, you will support the achievement of business objectives and people priorities through the development, production and assessment of regularly scheduled and ad-hoc reports for the Global team (including regional reporting requirements).
You will be a subject matter expert for SAP, and people analytics system and ensure organizational hierarchies for CM reflect current structures.
What will you do?
- Develop customized ad hoc and standard/scheduled reports and data extracts in support of CM HR people priorities and business requirements using SAP, and HR reporting & analytic tools.
- Assess and determine information report requirements and metrics in consultation with HR Business Partners and/or Initiatives Managers, recommends report solutions and analyzes findings/results.
- Proactively assess ongoing report requirements and makes / implements recommendations to streamline, enhance, and automate processes and reports for improved efficiency and effectiveness.
- Work collaboratively with HR partners across the platform (including CM HR, HR Service Centre and the Centres of Expertise).
- Manage organizational structure change requirements in SAP in partnership with the HR Technology team to ensure CM organizational hierarchies are current and allow for accurate reporting and data access.
- Manage CM HR team’s access requirements to HR systems and acts as subject matter expert relative to SAP, SuccessFactors, HR reporting and analytic tools.
- Provide the Global HR team with bi-weekly hires, terms and employee listings for global Capital Markets.
- Responsible for refreshing existing routine CM HR reports.
- Responsible for data management within SAP including reporting structure changes, creation of SAP cost centers, and maintenance of HR Class data.
- Conduct audits of data input through SAP/HRIS to ensure data integrity is maintained and HRIS information provided to managers is accurate.
- Assist in the development and implementation of CM HR initiatives (including but not limited to Talent Management, Performance Management and Year-end Processes including Employee Communications, etc.).
What do you need to succeed?
- A completed Undergraduate Degree with a focus on Analytics or other Quantitative Fields
- Advanced MS Excel skills including pivot tables, vlookups, index/match, and VBA macros
- At least 2 years of professional experience working with Reporting and Data Analytics
- Experience with programming languages and visualization tools, such as Python, Alteryx and Tableau
- Strong story-telling, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Advanced data analysis skills, comfortable with extracting and manipulating data, with the ability to synthesize meaningful insights from disparate sources of data
- Time Management with ability to work under pressure and with limited timelines
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of SAP, SuccessFactors & HR reporting and analytic tools
- Business knowledge of CM businesses
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- Opportunities to do challenging work
Royal Bank of Canada is a global financial institution with a purpose-driven, principles-led approach to delivering leading performance. Our success comes from the 84,000+ employees who bring our vision, values and strategy to life so we can help our clients thrive and communities prosper. As Canada’s biggest bank, and one of the largest in the world based on market capitalization, we have a diversified business model with a focus on innovation and providing exceptional experiences to more than 16 million clients in Canada, the U.S. and 34 other countries. Learn more at rbc.com.
We are proud to support a broad range of community initiatives through donations, community investments and employee volunteer activities. See how at rbc.com/community-sustainability.
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers.
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
RBC is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodations during the application process are available upon request.