**Please follow the instructions after submitting an application to Career Edge portal. You will receive an email with a link to RBC Career Website to submit an application again in order to be considered for this role.
Please keep your name consistent on both application tracking systems. Thank you
Be a resource for the Portfolio Analysts and Portfolio Managers as it relates to Asset Based Lending (ABL) loans. Working to ensure ABL’s collateral system and its system of record are kept in order with the terms of our lending agreements.
- Monitor ABL’s Collateral system daily to ensure clients’ debtors are added in a timely manner
- Perform insurance limit reviews for each insured client
- Monitor receipt of the credit documentation which is required to support the ABL loan transactions, including retrieving information from electronic systems utilized by our borrowers if appropriate
- Ensure that all reporting requirements (financial statements, margin information, compliance certificates, etc.) in support of loan transactions, are accurately captured in the loan system application (including current status) and subsequently received in accordance with the terms of the loan agreement.
- Communicate overdue items promptly to both the Portfolio Analyst and Portfolio Manager responsible for the account and assist with investigation and resolution.
- Work closely with the Documentation and Security groups to ensure the loan system accurately reflects loan documentation and security held and that documents are uploaded/scanned to the system as appropriate and obsolete items archived.
- Assist ABL with preparation of Administration Electronic Transaction Requests.
TO SUCCEED IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL:
Serve the Client well (demonstrate a “Client First” mentality)
- Our goal is to meet & exceed the clients’ expectations as an organization by delivering the best service possible by listening to and understanding our clients’ needs & concerns, by facilitating internal processes and by coordinating with others to deliver results as expeditiously as possible. Our role includes problem-solving and providing advice as required.
- Serving the client well does not imply a relaxation of standards. Ensure that clients live up to their obligations as laid out in credit and letter agreements. When preparing Transaction Requests and otherwise advising others, provide fair, specific and balanced advice. Get to know your clients and the facilities that we provide very well.
Always Treat Clients with Respect
- For those occasions when follow-up is needed (e.g. late/incomplete deliverables), treat clients fairly, firmly and tactfully. Seek out win-win solutions whenever possible. Apply judgement and avoid overreaction.
Prioritize for Greatest Impact
- Identify time-sensitive situations and deal with them first. When time is scarce, deal with issues in order of materiality.
- Undergraduate degree and/or related work experience
- Strong personal skills and the ability to work effectively within a team environment
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to communicate effectively with clients and internal RBC partners
- Ability to prioritize work and manage competing demands from various groups with which ABL interacts.
- 50% Debtor file maintenance
- 50% Monitoring and recording Documentation and other reporting
- Working in an office environment in Downtown Toronto
- No travel
Royal Bank of Canada is a global financial institution with a purpose-driven, principles-led approach to delivering leading performance. Our success comes from the 84,000+ employees who bring our vision, values and strategy to life so we can help our clients thrive and communities prosper. As Canada’s biggest bank, and one of the largest in the world based on market capitalization, we have a diversified business model with a focus on innovation and providing exceptional experiences to more than 16 million clients in Canada, the U.S. and 34 other countries. Learn more at rbc.com.
We are proud to support a broad range of community initiatives through donations, community investments and employee volunteer activities. See how at rbc.com/community-sustainability.
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers.
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
RBC is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodations during the application process are available upon request.