*Please follow the instructions after submitting an application to Career Edge portal. You will receive an email with a link to RBC Career Website to submit an application again in order to be considered for this role.
**Please KEEP YOUR NAME consistent on Career Edge, RBC internal application system, AND resume
What is the opportunity?
You will be responsible for build/release management technologies and etest environment analyst in the Finance IT suite and working with the project team by applying build automation best practices. You will work closely with the Development and QA leads to understand the Online Banking technologies as well as develop and execute automated build process for mission critical applications.
What will you do?
- Test environment management
- Ensure that environments provisioned match design and provisioning requests
- Work with support teams to fix or upgrade environment issues
- Understand, configure and debug ecosystems within windows and linux environments
- Understand the reporting capabilities of Test Environment Management tools to best detect and resolve defects
- Develop and maintain automated test suites using test automation tools
- Execute deploy process (manual/automated), document configuration where you are responsible for end-to-end tracking of all issues found
- Work with JIRA and Confluence for defect management, reporting and other functions
- Participate in defect triage and Scrum meetings
- Understand DevOps pipeline and workflow and create deployment plans for releases
- Deploy artifacts to test environment manually if needed
- Help DevOps for testing tools and documentation
- Effectively communicate and build rapport with team members, stakeholders and business partners using a variety of techniques and collaboration from initiation to close
- Continually enhance your own skills and build knowledge in all aspects of the organization, the business and information systems
What do you need to succeed?
- Experience with Scripting Language such as Groovy
- Experience with SHELL Language
- Experience with Unix/Linux to maintain and optimize
- Understanding I.T methodologies and best practices
- 2 years developing experience with manual and automated environments
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
Nice to Have:
- Experience with Dockers, Ansible
- Experience with PCF or AWS
- Experience with Object Oriented programming language such as Java or C++
- Experience with Jenkins, Maven, GIT/SVN
- Experience with macOs, and Microsoft Operating Systems
- Experience with frameworks: Spring Boot
- Experience with Urban Code Deploy
- Understanding of the software development process and experience with the AGILE methodology (i.e. Scrums, Sprints, Retrospective, etc)
- Understanding of IT Standards, Methodologies, SDLC, CMM & audit requirements
Learn more about RBC Tech Jobs
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers.