*Please follow the instructions after submitting an application to Career Edge portal. You will receive an email with a link to RBC Career Website to submit an application again in order to be considered for this role.
**Please KEEP YOUR NAME consistent on Career Edge, RBC internal application system, AND resume
Business System Analyst (pay rate $35/hr)
Duration: 6 month start (extension based on capability and on-going work)
What is the opportunity?
Business Analyst is responsible for requirement activities on small enhancements and projects. The role demonstrates basic knowledge and ability and, with guidance, conduct business analysis in common situations that present limited difficulties. The role leverages guidance of a more senior resource when executing all aspects of requirements delivery - planning, elicitation, analysis and documentation, management, and support - for changes to Business Areas and Technology. Demonstrates basic knowledge and ability and, with guidance, to conduct business analysis in common situations that present limited difficulties.
What will you do?
- Business Analysis Planning
- Determine review and sign off responsibilities of the identified stakeholder groups
- Contribute to planning of the business analysis activities and tasks
- Contribute to accurate estimates for completion of requirements
- Assist in managing the risks, assumptions and constraints for requirements
- Assist in the requirements prioritization, helping drive out business priorities
- Perform JIRA/Confluence System Admin activities
JIRA/Confluence System Admin
- Monitor Linux OS and Jira/Confluence performance (CPU, memory, disk space and etc.), troubleshoot and solve technical issues independently or via working with the vendor
- Shutdown/restart Jira/Confluence and adjust the system/application environmental parameters to optimize the system performance such as maximum open files and JVM memory and etc.
- Upgrade Jira/Confluence Add-ons and licenses as well as upgrade hardware’s if needed such as increasing CPU, memory and or disk capacity
- Backup Jira/confluence attachments, ensure applications backup successfully in database
- Install/upgrade Jira/Confluence applications on Linux when necessary
- Support Jira projects migration from various sources such as HPLM or other Jira instances
Requirements Analysis and Documentation
- Assist in the collaborative sessions with small to medium number of business stakeholders to discover, analyze and review requirements
- Analyze and document scope of the business solution using enterprise-standard requirements methodology
- Conduct current-state analysis to analyze the changes required to the business and technology
- Analyze and document detailed business and system solution requirements, using enterprise requirements methodology
- Verify requirements for quality and validate requirements with the impacted stakeholders
- Maintain a repository of reusable requirements documentation to support future initiatives, following enterprise standards
Requirements Management and Support
- Prepare requirements for review and assist in requirements walkthrough and sign off sessions
- Conduct coverage analysis to ensure relationship between scope, detailed requirements, testing through to implementation
- Follow standard change management processes based on the RBC delivery methodologies
Leadership and Relationship Management
- Leverage the feedback, coaching and mentoring provided by the BA team to grow as a Business Analysis professional
- Ensure deliverables consistency and adherence to enterprise requirements methodologies
- Effectively communicate and build rapport with team members and stakeholders
- Establish the environment of cooperation, collaboration, and teamwork among colleagues, business groups and Technology
- Enhance skills and build knowledge in all aspects of the organization and within the business analysis domain
What do you need to succeed?
- Computer Science or Engineering related degree
- JIRA and/or Confluence
- Data migration experience
- Tool: SQL query; Unix shell scripts.
- Experience with relational database (MS SQL server, Postgres and etc), SSL, tcp/ip networking and etc.
- Basic knowledge of/ experience delivering requirements in various project delivery methodologies such as Iterative, Waterfall and/or Agile
- Basic knowledge or experience in requirements planning and prioritization including stakeholder analysis and effort estimation
- Basic knowledge of/ experience with requirements elicitation techniques such as Document analysis, Interviews, Facilitated workshops, Observation, Prototyping, Focus groups, Surveys
- Basic knowledge of/experience in requirements analysis and documentation
- Scope Modelling
- Business Process Modelling
- Use Cases and Scenarios
- Data Requirements
- Experience leading small projects or small/medium enhancements
- Has successfully managed working on multiple small projects or initiatives simultaneously
- Some experience working on projects with information technology components
What’s in it for you?
- We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- Opportunities to do challenging work
- Opportunities to take on progressively greater accountabilities
Royal Bank of Canada is Canada’s largest bank, and one of the largest banks in the world, based on market capitalization. We are one of North America’s leading diversified financial services companies, and provide personal and commercial banking, wealth management, insurance, investor services and capital markets products and services on a global basis. We have over 80,000 full- and part-time employees who serve more than 16 million personal, business, public sector and institutional clients through offices in Canada, the U.S. and 37 other countries. For more information, please visit rbc.com.
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers.
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
RBC is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodations during the application process are available upon request.