*Please follow the instructions after submitting an application to Career Edge portal. You will receive an email with a link to RBC Career Website to submit an application again in order to be considered for this role.
**Please KEEP YOUR NAME consistent on Career Edge, RBC internal application system, AND resume
Digital Accessibility Analyst
What is the opportunity?
The Enterprise Digital Accessibility team empowers the RBC enterprise to remove digital barriers for clients and employees with disabilities by advising that appropriate accessibility features be incorporated into RBC digital solutions throughout the project management life cycle. In this role, you will be supporting the development of processes, tools and best practices, as well as educating the RBC community on digital accessibility.
What will you do?
- Develop tools to support the implementation of digital accessibility
- Educate the RBC enterprise (e.g., projects, product owners, and RBC community) on digital accessibility to ensure compliance with Accessibility policies, Guidelines and Best Practices
- Educate teams in designing, coding and testing accessible user interfaces
- Train teams in both automated and manual accessibility testing
- Train stakeholders from different fields on the user experience of persons with disabilities using financial business applications
- Research and keep abreast of industry accessibility standards, WCAG guidelines, best practices and tools for developing accessible solutions, and UI frameworks
- Promote and communicate Accessibility policies, services, tools, Accessibility Guidelines and Best Practices to the RBC enterprise through various communication channels
What do you need to succeed?
- Thorough knowledge of accessibility standards, legislation, guidelines and best practices (WCAG 2.1, WAI-ARIA 1.1, PDF/UA) for developing accessible digital solutions
- Thorough knowledge of accessibility evaluation techniques (e.g., testing procedures, testing methodologies, and testing tools), and experience evaluating digital solutions (automated testing, manual testing, and adaptive technologies testing) for Web, Windows, native mobile and PDF
- Demonstrated ability in written and oral communication skills along with strong presentation skills (e.g., documenting, presenting and explaining accessibility remediation to designers, developers, and testers)
- University degree in computer science, user experience design, inclusive design, or related discipline
- IAAP Certification
- Experience with Agile and Iterative-Waterfall methodologies
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- A world-class training program in financial services
- Opportunities to do challenging work
Learn more about RBC Tech Jobs
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.