*Please follow the instructions after submitting an application to Career Edge portal. You will receive an email with a link to RBC Career Website to submit an application again in order to be considered for this role.
**Please KEEP YOUR NAME consistent on Career Edge, RBC internal application system (Talent Link), AND resume
Loan Servicing Analyst
Payrate: $20-$25, depending on experience and qualifications
What is the opportunity?
- The Senior Analyst of Credit Models & Methodology will support senior modelers in the development of credit risk models. The models will be used to estimate Basel AIRB parameters (PD, LGD, EAD) for risk quantification and regulatory capital calculation. The successful candidate will be responsible for development of credit risk models for both wholesale and retail credit portfolios in the Credit Models & Methodology teams within RBC Group Risk Management.
- We are looking for a bright, committed, high-performing individual to become a key contributor in the development of quantitative methodologies. We are a team that prides itself for high quality work with significant impact across the bank and continuous interaction with other groups, senior management and regulators. Given the nature of our work, the opportunity to learn, grow and expand your network is significant.
What will you do?
- Support senior modelers in the development of credit risk models from large datasets, including data analysis, writing and testing code, monitoring model performance, writing technical documentation, etc.
- Work closely with stakeholders to ensure models are fit for purpose.
- Provide Credit Methodology support to our Basel AIRB parameters estimation.
- Document RBC’s credit risk modeling methodologies, frameworks, and practices.
- Wide scope for growth in other risk areas. We tailor projects to the needs of RBC and the interests of team members.
What do you need to succeed?
- University degree (graduate degree preferred) in a quantitative disciplines such as statistics, economics, econometrics, finance, mathematics, physics, engineering and/or a relevant professional qualification, with concentration in quantitative methods. 2+ years of relevant business experience in risk management groups within the financial industry. Other business experience will be considered based on applicability.
- Strong conceptual, analytical, and problem solving skills. Ability to communicate, verbally and in writing, complex concepts to a non-technical audience
- Familiar with a range of programming and statistical modeling tools such as SAS, Python, or R.
- Knowledge and experience with robust data infrastructure of model development and analytics. Strong command of the database language such as SQL.
- Knowledge of credit risk methodology, including Basel Accord and/or credit/market stress testing models is an asset.
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- Opportunities to do challenging work
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers.