*Please follow the instructions after submitting an application to Career Edge portal. You will receive an email with a link to RBC Career Website to submit an application again in order to be considered for this role.
**Please KEEP YOUR NAME consistent on Career Edge, RBC internal application system (Talent Link), AND resume
What is the opportunity?
The role reports into the Associate Director of GRM Operational Risk and is responsible for the execution of testing of controls for Group Risk Management (GRM) in line with RBC’s Internal Controls and Management Policy (ICMP) methodology. The primary mandate of this role is to lead the control testing process by working closely with control owners to update controls, obtain supporting evidence to assess whether the controls are designed and operating effectively, and identify existing controls for gaps and issues.
What will you do?
- Take ownership on a portfolio of controls to execute the control testing process in alignment with ICMP requirements within a timely manner.
- Communicating and collaboratively working with control owners to update existing control details and obtaining the necessary supporting evidence to perform the testing.
- Conduct testing of controls by executing on the testing procedures and strategy pre-defined for each control. Where necessary, updating the testing procedures to reflect changes to the control details.
- Documenting updates to control details and testing results using a pre-defined template and within the Enterprise Risk and Internal Controls (ERIC) system.
- Identifying through the testing of controls any issues or gaps on the design of the control or the control’s operation per controls’ objective and recording them into the ERIC system per RBC’s Operational Risk Issues methodology.
- Assist with data analytics on the control inventory.
What do you need to succeed?
- An accounting, finance, or business background and education.
- Fundamental knowledge or understanding of business controls and/or operational risk.
- Ability to interact and clearly communicate with control owners within GRM to coordinate and execute on the testing of controls.
- Attention to detail will be important throughout the testing process to ensure details are appropriately captured.
- A quick learner to quickly understand the methodologies, process, and systems used.
- Curiosity to learn and adapt to changing circumstances in order to remain agile when faced with challenges.
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- Opportunities to do challenging work and make a difference
- Opportunities to building close relationships
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers.