*Please follow the instructions after submitting an application to Career Edge portal. You will receive an email with a link to RBC Career Website to submit an application again in order to be considered for this role.
**Please KEEP YOUR NAME consistent on Career Edge, RBC internal application system (Talent Link), AND resume
Technical Systems Analyst
Work address: WFH, transition to 330 Front Street West.
Hourly rate: $19.02/hr
• Provide second level support for infrastructure applications servers, sometimes facilitating the support or troubleshooting efforts across various RBC support groups.
• Provide second level production support to the application and their users.
• Proactively maintain supported systems to ensure maximum availability and audit tasks.
EXECUTION AND OPERATIONAL EXCELLENCE
- Ensure all escalated incidents are addressed in a timely manner, according to established process guidelines.
- Review and monitor change implementations, ensuring that any technical or operational problems, work flow concerns, or service improvement concerns are addressed and communicated to manager.
- Monitor the planned and scheduled change request activities and implementations for awareness of potential impact.
- Liaise with Integration Coordinators and development teams to plan the implementation of impending projects.
- Responsible for incident management and root cause analysis where required.
- Contribute to reporting obligations including trending, capacity, usage, and performance reporting.
- Participate and/or coordinate Disaster Recovery exercises, and ensure lessons learned are incorporated into plans for real events.
- Research, recommend and/or implement “best practices” with respect to support, operations, and planning activities, thereby facilitating increased productivity.
- Collaborate with application owners/development teams to ensure compliance of supported servers.
- Conduct periodic audits across all supported products.
- Participate in accomplishing team performance goals, and promote the concept of team building through daily interactions
- Provide recommendations for continuous process improvements.
- Resolve concerns or conflicts, or escalate to manager as appropriate.
- Provides direction, expertise, feedback, coaching and development to build the capability of other team members.
- Resolves conflicts / issues and escalates others as appropriate.
- Coordinates the installation, configuration, administration, trouble shooting and de-install of supported products on the required platforms.
- Shift rotations – Day, Split, Night and pager support on rotation may be included in this role.
- Overtime may sometimes be required
PROJECTS AND INITIATIVES
• Provides consulting services on new initiatives (small to large and of varying complexity).
• Prepares detailed technical specifications for small to medium projects and documentation objectives.
• Works with Project Manager to complete assigned project objectives.
• Contributes to successful project completion by identifying risks, developing, recommending mitigation strategies.
• Provides project support by gathering, correlating and analyzing source data for project and migration activities.
Time Allocation (%)
- Business Alignment – 10%
- Execution and Operational Excellence – 40%
- Risk, Safety and Soundness –20%
- Cost Innovation – 10%
- Personal Development – 20%
Qualifications & Skills
Typically requires 2 to 5 years of related experience.
• University or College Degree in Computer Science or a related field or equivalent years of experience as a Technical Analyst
• Sharepoint 2013/2016
• Knowledge of Electronic Faxing Products such as Rightfax
• Windows PowerShell scripting
• Operating System Platforms – Windows Server 2012 R2 Windows Server 2016, Windows 10
• IT Standards, Methodologies, CMM (Capability Maturity Model) & audit requirements
• Networking standards
• Microsoft SQL Server knowledge would be an asset
• Knowledge of change management
• Knowledge of incident management
• ITIL v3: Foundations, Operational Support & Analysis
• Technical Certification in an IT area
- Reports to the Manager within Infrastructure Support Services
- Liaises with RBC IT development and engineering teams, Integration Coordinators, Service Desks, Technology Integration, and Senior Management
- Office environment
- No undue fatigue, with work involving a combination of sitting, standing and walking, with freedom to move at will
- Occasional effort (about 1 to 2 hours at a time on average) to concentrate on the preparation of written or electronic materials and the use of standard computer software. Visual attention and / or active listening is required, but the work provides for choice of action
Learn more about RBC Tech Jobs
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.