Syndicated Loan Analyst
The primary objective of the position is to provide day-to-day servicing/administration of an assigned group of Syndicated facilities for which Royal Bank of Canada is Agent.
The competence with which the incumbent’s duties are carried out has a major impact on the credibility of the department, both within and outside the Bank. The role of Agent is highly visible and affects the Bank’s ability to obtain Syndication and Agency mandates. Failure to perform in an efficient and competent manner can not only jeopardize the Bank’s reputation, but can also result in significant material losses.
The incumbent must display a clear understanding of the administrative aspects of each assigned deal in order to resolve the various requests for interpretation and action that arise daily.
- Process transactions in ACBS upon requests from assigned Borrowers for advances, rollovers, conversions or repayments; ensure notice and limit requirements are met, participants are notified, rates are set and payments are made in accordance with the relevant Credit Agreement
- Process primary and secondary assignments upon requests for assigned Borrowers in accordance with established guidelines
- Process interest and fee transactions in ACBS as required by the Credit Agreement
- Process pricing changes as required by the Credit Agreement and within established time frames
- Create and obtain EUC approval for manual spreadsheets as necessary, to record all transactions and calculations that cannot be processed in ACBS
- Maintain a series of Word templates with up-to-date standard instructions to be used as needed for notifications, letters and fax coversheets
- Input or verify payments in RBC Express, RIMMS as required for payments which cannot be processed through ACBS
- Assist Deal Managers on assigned deal closings, ensuring notice and funding requests are processed in accordance with internal guidelines and on a timely manner
- Act as verification officer for all ACBS two touch transactions created by other Analysts
- Assist with the daily reconciliation of the Agency internal accounts by following up for missing entries
- Investigate ACBS, LCA and OMS reports as required
- Act as a backup to other Analyst
- Identify gaps in Agency processes and recommend changes to minimize operational/reputational risk
- Knowledge of lending products, rate-setting methods and payment methods
- Proficiency in Excel, Word
- Knowledge of ACBS is an asset
- Ability to work effectively both independently and within a team environment
- Ability to prioritize, work under pressure and meet time sensitive deadlines
- Strong organizational and problem solving skills; detail oriented
- Ability to respond effectively to requests from borrowers and participants especially for accommodations which fall outside the parameters of the Credit Agreement
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Royal Bank of Canada is Canada’s largest bank, and one of the largest banks in the world, based on market capitalization. We are one of North America’s leading diversified financial services companies, and provide personal and commercial banking, wealth management, insurance, investor services and capital markets products and services on a global basis. We employ approximately 78,000 full- and part-time employees who serve more than 16 million personal, business, public sector and institutional clients through offices in Canada, the U.S. and 39 other countries. For more information, please visit rbc.com.
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
RBC is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodations during the application process are available upon request.