What is the opportunity?
Integrated IT Portfolio Management (IIPM) is RBC’s application book of record. It covers all applications and infrastructure products across all Business Platforms and across all geographies. The Business Analyst ensures smooth operations of IIPM and provides consulting services to Business and IT partners on IIPM and its use; engage program/project stakeholders to plan, elicit, analyze, document, and validate business process and all system requirements of a project/program; works on small to medium enhancement projects and programs as defined by the Agile framework.
What will you do?
- Provide business administration and business user support service for Integrated IT Portfolio Management
- Support ongoing business activities to maintain the accuracy and completeness of data within IIPM by leading data quality initiatives, providing end user support, online training, and documentation
- Provide assistance to change management activities such as drafting email communications and providing training sessions/walkthroughs
- Document data quality clean up instructions, process flows, and ensure IIPM documentation remains current
- Ensure compliance against data quality standards by following up with cross-functional teams to complete due diligence activities
- Plan/document requirements, testing and implementation following the Agile process
- Manage risks, dependencies, assumptions and constraints for requirements, and communicate to appropriate parties
- Support project implementation planning activities
- Complete User Acceptance Testing, document test cases, and troubleshoot defects in collaboration with the vendor and technical systems analysts
What do you need to succeed?
- Relevant college or university degree
- Related work experience – 2 or more years’ experience (eg operational experience and general business acumen)
- Understanding of data governance and data quality principles
- Understanding of various software development methodologies, such as Iterative, Waterfall, Agile, etc.
- Strong oral, written, communication and presentation skills
- Requirements analysis and documentation – Business Process Mapping, Root Cause Analysis, Requirements Elicitation, Requirements Documentation
- Knowledge of documentation and modelling tools (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio)
What’s in it for you?
- We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities and achieving success that is mutual.
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- Opportunities to do challenging work
- Opportunities to take on progressively greater accountabilities
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at jobs.rbc.com.