What is the Opportunity?
The primary objective of the position is to provide day-to-day servicing/administration of an assigned group of Syndicated facilities for which Royal Bank of Canada is Agent.
The competence with which the incumbent’s duties are carried out has a significant impact on the department's credibility, both within and outside the Bank. The role of Agent is highly visible and affects the Bank’s ability to obtain Syndication and Agency mandates. Failure to perform in an efficient and competent manner can not only jeopardize the Bank’s reputation but can also result in significant material losses.
The incumbent must display a clear understanding of the administrative aspects of each assigned deal in order to resolve the various requests for interpretation and action that arise daily.
What will you do?
· Process transactions in ACBS upon requests from assigned Borrowers for advances, rollovers, conversions or repayments; ensure notice and limit requirements are met, participants are notified, rates are set and payments are made in accordance with the relevant Credit Agreement
· Process primary and secondary assignments upon requests for assigned Borrowers in accordance with established guidelines
· Process interest and fee transactions in ACBS as required by the Credit Agreement
· Process pricing changes as required by the Credit Agreement and within established time frames
· Maintain a series of Word templates with up-to-date standard instructions to be used as needed for notifications, letters and fax coversheets
· Input or verify payments in RBC Express, RIMMS as required for payments that cannot be processed through ACBS
· Assist Deal Managers on assigned deal closings, ensuring notice and funding requests are processed in accordance with internal guidelines and on a timely manner
· Act as verification officer for all ACBS two-touch transactions created by other Analysts
· Assist with the daily reconciliation of the Agency's internal accounts by following up for missing entries
· Willing and able to support the London (UK)-based Agency team out of Halifax hours
What do you need to succeed? Must Have
· Knowledge of lending products, rate-setting methods and payment methods
· Proficiency in Excel, Word
· Ability to prioritize, work under pressure and meet time-sensitive deadlines
· Strong organizational and problem-solving skills; detail-oriented
· Ability to respond effectively to requests from borrowers and participants, especially for accommodations that fall outside the parameters of the Credit Agreement
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
Nice to Have
· Knowledge of ACBS is an asset
What is in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference in our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
· Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
· Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and highly performing team
· Opportunities to do challenging work
· Leaders who support your development through coaching and learning opportunities
· Opportunities to build close relationships with the business
· Access to a variety of job opportunities across business and geographies