The Operations Local Tools Development team, of Bell Canada’s Operations organization, is currently working on local initiatives to develop solutions that will enable us to improve our Services offered to our Enterprise Customers. This career opportunity involves working within a software development team to create custom Tools that will assist our Operation teams manage our current network and services.
Job Duties / Accountabilities:
The successful candidate will aid in the rapid development of small applications that will be used by various levels within operations that perform surveillance, testing, engineering and provisioning activities:
- Work with operational groups to understand and document tool requirements.
- Work with technology and operations subject matter experts to understand technology/network capabilities and business processes that will be required to deliver expected tools.
- Establish and develop tool architecture to enable rapid tool development that can be modified and re-used to meet evolving needs.
- Develop tool in appropriate programming language to meet operational requirements
- Develop well structured, optimized and modular code
- Diploma or Degree in Computer Science and/or Computer Engineering and/or Systems Design Engineering.
- Strong knowledge of Object Oriented Programming and Web Development is key.
- Extremely proficient in at least one or more of the following languages: JAVA, PYTHON, PHP, PERL, C#&.Net
- Strong knowledge of UNIX operating system, and VI editor,
- Proficient in MYSQL and/or MS-SQL
- Server Administration and Docker experience is a strong asset.
- Strong documentation and communication skills.
- Ability to work in a team, as well as independently.
- Thorough understanding of TCP/IP and other networking protocols (IP, DSL, ATM, Frame Relay, etc) is an asset but is not required.