EARLY APPLICANTS STRONGLY ENCOURAGED
Team & Role Description:
The IT Adaptive Infrastructure district is looking for a Business Analyst to join its Storage team. The Business Analyst will be primarily responsible for acting as a liaison between the Storage team and other teams, both within IT and across the business. This role is primarily accountable for sourcing and analysing data to help manage and develop storage programs (e.g. cost optimization, infrastructure lifecycle, etc.) and for helping define, document, and test business and system requirements related to storage infrastructure. Other primary duties include leveraging technical and analytical skills to create and build process documents, methodology frameworks, and test cases while proposing solutions to streamline and improve current processes.
The Business Analyst should be able to retrieve data, analyse it, consolidate it into meaningful reports, and interpret it into actionable plans. The ideal candidate must be a highly motivated, creative, and disciplined individual that possesses an exceptionally positive attitude. They will collaborate with team members such as solutions architects, project managers, and IT leaders.
- Interpret conceptual business needs and document requirements.
- Gather and analyze requirements to create a business requirements document.
- Acquire deep knowledge of systems and their interdependencies to drive improved efficiencies.
- Facilitate work sessions and interview subject matter experts to identify project requirements.
- Formulate a requirements management plan, which will define all types of requirements in the project lifecycle including business, stakeholder, solution (functional and non-functional) and transition requirements.
- Create or support in the development of the test plans and test cases including defining test conditions, negative testing and regression testing.
- Map, document, summarize, and generate reports based on findings during study of business processes to understand current state (CMO) and desired state (FMO)
- Contribute to development of Opportunity Assessments (Business Cases) for solution proposals including business need, cost-benefit analysis, feasibility, and gap analysis.
- Act as the Storage Infrastructure team’s single point of contact for PMO, capital spending and savings, and multi-year budget planning and strategy.
- Report monthly, quarterly, and annually on Storage volumes and asset productivity and provide ad-hoc reporting for various storage optimization initiatives.
- Maintain the Storage Infrastructure project logs and lifecycle/currency scorecards to report to executives.
- Become a vital member of the IT Delivery team of the Corporate File Services by using effective analytical strategies to identify root causes to problems and brainstorm workarounds.
- Manage unstructured data analytics tools to ensure compliance with Information Governance policies.
- Efficiently manage competing resources and priorities in a complex, multi-project environment.
- Bachelor’s degree/diploma in Business, Information Technology Management or Computer Science, or any related field.
- Minimum 1-year experience in the IT field, preferably infrastructure/storage/data management and new technology implementation.
- A team player who works well as a member of a team; committed, collaborative, dependable and reliable, communicative, and enthusiastic.
- Analytical ability to extract, integrate, conceptualize and apply ideas, processes and information to create solutions in a constantly changing technological and business environment.
- Skilled in business process modelling and business process documentation.
- Experienced in dynamic collaboration between multiple project team members, e.g. vendors, project managers, other BA’s, architecture, business sponsors, etc.
- Advanced in Microsoft Office Suite, especially PowerPoint, Excel, and Project.
- Knowledge of typical IT concepts: Change management, Proof of Concept, SLA, etc.
- Ability to work with and influence a variety of stakeholders of all levels and backgrounds, navigating the organization’s political landscape to meet project objectives.
- Exceptional analytical and conceptual thinking skills.
- Detail oriented and inquisitive; can work independently and with others.
- Bilingualism is an asset (English and French)