*Pay Rate of $30/h
At Virgin Mobile, we don't have "customers", we have Members. And Members get access to exclusive music events, VIP treatment, and killer music, entertainment, fashion and travel deals from the world's must-have brands.
If you think you've got what it takes to make Virgin Mobile life even sweeter, then read on, my friend, because we want you on our team!
The Marketing Communications team is responsible for developing and executing marketing activities that support our business objectives within the retail field from our own stores to channels partners like The Source, Best Buy, Walmart, Glentel and more. You will interface with one or more of the following teams: Marketing Communications, Creative Design, Channel Marketing, Product Marketing, Sales Managers and key 3rd party vendors. You will develop your marketing, communications, influencing and analytical skills within this role.
What is the role about?
We are looking for a candidate who is a team player, quick learner, eager to grow and develop within a high-functional team within a fast-paced work environment. In this position, you will:
- Support assigned retail marketing activities for hardware, service or product launches
- Communicates with internal departments, vendors and cross-brand contacts on project status and scheduling.
- Assist in the development process of cross-channel merchandising/POP distributed at retailers, marketing communications teams, 3rd party teams in partnership with the senior marketing communications manager.
- Manage projects from start to finish, including vendor communications, shipping and receiving, installations, reporting for numerous marketing projects.
- Collects and communications feedback from field to internal and exterior marketing teams.
- Provides back-up administrative support for Marketing Communications Team.
- Coordinates merchandising and maintenance ticket management, assigning, and vendor management to ensure tickets are completed and store compliance is managed.
- Lead photo compliance checks and reports to review with internal teams for campaign and hardware executions. Providing weekly status updates on progress to ensure all stores meet high merchandising standards.
- Work with cross-functional and internal teams to pull backorder report to assess stock issues at warehouse.
- Support weekly calls with Mobility primes to escalate and resolve any in-store issues.
- Maintain timelines and critical documents and databases in preparation for campaign executions.
- Attend meetings, record details notes/takeaways and share meeting minutes with attendees.
- Coordinate materials and assets delivery to internal/external agencies.
- Timely and accurate production of marketing materials.
- Assist in development of integrated marketing communication process improvement.
- Assist in the documentation of marketing calendars, standards and programs.
- Understand the brand strategy and act as a brand champion through retail marketing planning and execution.
What will you bring to the team?
- 1-2 years relatable experience with marketing exposure preferred
- Post-secondary education and/or equivalent industry training and experience.
- Highly organized
- Excellent customer service skills
- Adaptable, flexible and willing to learn new processes
- Ability to manage multiple on-going tasks and prioritize, with guidance in a fast-paced retail environment
- Ability to read and interpret marketing, research and reports.
- Retail marketing/operations knowledge or experience, a plus
- Basic computer skills, including Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Are self-starters and can work well independently as well as manage time efficiently
- Experience with Visual Merchandising and Implementation Software is a plus
- Background is Adobe Creative Suite (Adobe Photoshop, InDesign) is a plus
- Eye for design and styling, with demonstrated success in visual merchandising, innovation and implementation
- Experience with project management approaches, tools and phases of the project lifecycle, along with a track record of delivering exceptional outcomes is a plus.
- Bilingualism is an asset (English and French)
*Please note that only those selected to be moved forward in the application process will be reached out to.