The Human Resources (HR) team plays a key role in helping the company achieve its business objectives by enhancing organizational efficiency through delivering competitive employee programs, policies and processes, building and attracting top talent, driving employee effectiveness and providing creative solutions that enable business success.
We are seeking a strategic and results-oriented individual to provide HR consulting for one of our business units. In this role, you will partner with managers to develop and implement HR solutions that support business objectives and drive engagement, performance and talent while ensuring compliance of all internal policies and Federal/Provincial laws. Collaborating with the team in HR and managers in B.U., you will help to find, grow and keep the talent who plan, design, build and operate a multi-billion dollar business.
This position offers a terrific opportunity to develop your strategic HR business partner skills within a large, diversified Canadian employer with infinite opportunities for career development.
Employee Relations – Support the manager to manage risks, and systematically resolve or escalate issues.
Talent Acquisition – Collaborate with managers to identify talent needs required to support business objectives. Develop and implement plans to acquire, develop and retain talent.
HR Support – Provide support to employees and leaders on recruitment needs, scheduling interviews, tracking and reporting progress and following with candidates and new hires
Onboarding – Supports the onboarding process for all new employees, providing a smooth and positive employee experience.
- Post-secondary degree/diploma in Human Resources, or equivalent experience
- Certified Payroll Professional an asset
- Minimum 2 years of experience in human resources, recruitment experience is an asset
- Exceptional proficiency using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to handle sensitive matters with tact, diplomacy and empathy.
- Continuous learner with a passion to stay current on the latest HR practices and to share insights with others.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills. Highly curious to dig deep with issues.
- Team player who values collaboration.
*Please note that only those selected to be moved forward in the application process will be contacted.