Working together to be our best!
First National is Canada’s largest non-bank lender, originating and servicing both commercial and residential mortgages since 1988. Over the past thirty years, we have been committed to hiring the best and brightest with over 1,000 proud team members. Through cooperation, ongoing coaching, development opportunities and a culture that celebrates both hard work and teamwork, First National team members are supported to lead, learn and grow.
If you are ready to join First National’s dynamic team, while working hard and having fun doing it, we invite you to apply and let us know how you can be part of our success story.
We are hiring Residential Underwriting Fulfillment Specialists!
What we offer:
Highly competitive compensation package which includes, base salary, bonus, benefits, and career advancement opportunities! Options for working remotely are available!
The Fulfillment Specialist is responsible for ensuring that all broker conditions are met prior to closing and for all interactions with the Broker to cooperatively satisfy all conditions within a mortgage commitment.
- Manage files from the time they are committed by the underwriter until all of the broker’s conditions are met on the commitment
- Contact the broker via fax/email/phone requesting a solicitor for the file
- Contact the broker via fax/email/phone with funding conditions sheet outlining the outstanding conditions on the file
- Follow up with brokers to request additional information where needed
- Provide liaison and support for funding department
- Review all documentation sent from the broker to meet conditions found on the commitment
- Organize all incoming faxes from broker and solicitor
- Verify all employment letters verbally and satisfy income verification
- Satisfy down payment verification
- Receive MLS and Purchase and Sale Agreement and forward to the appropriate underwriter for approval
- Review and satisfy signed commitment, statement of mortgage and mortgage application
- Receive appraisals and forward to the appropriate underwriter for approval
- Follow up with brokers to request additional information when documentation received is not sufficient
- Review and audit all files prior to advancing
- Ensure all information in the file is consistent with information found in Merlin
- Update information and make corrections where needed to ensure that it is 100% complete and accurate
- Respond to all broker queries and requests
- Return calls and emails in a timely manner
- Forward underwriting concerns or questions to the appropriate underwriter
- Follow up on documentation immediately upon receipt where applicable
- Ensure file notes are updated frequently to keep other departments aware of the relevant details of the file
- Specialize in bridges and transfer mortgages
- Complete special projects as assigned by Team Leader/Manager, Residential Underwriting
The Requirements Needed:
- Completed post-secondary education or equivalent work experience required
- Previous experience within Financial Services sector preferred
- Previous experience within Mortgage industry an asset
- Completion of Sub Mortgage and/or BCFSA License an asset
- Working knowledge of PC software in a Windows environment required
In accordance with the BCFSA, if a successful candidate is not already licensed, upon starting with First National, they will be registered for the applicable educational courses and upon successful completion of the exam, First National will register them with FICOM to complete the licensing process.
Why join First National?
- Bright open concept office environment
- When COVID guidelines deem it is safe to be in the office
- Large kitchens with a coffee and latte maker to enjoy at no cost
- Supportive teamwork focused environment
- Collaborative entrepreneurial spirit
- Opportunities to give back to the communities and work through events focused on a variety of charities
- Ongoing social events throughout the year
- Extensive training programs to set our employees up for success
First National is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity and inclusion regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender identity, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation or any other category protected by law.