Working together to be our best!
First National is Canada’s largest non-bank lender, originating and servicing both commercial and residential mortgages since 1988. Over the past thirty years, we have been committed to hiring the best and brightest with over 1,000 proud team members. Through cooperation, ongoing coaching, development opportunities and a culture that celebrates both hard work and teamwork, First National team members are supported to lead, learn and grow.
If you are ready to join First National’s dynamic team, while working hard and having fun doing it, we invite you to apply and let us know how you can be part of our success story.
We are hiring Residential Mortgages Funders!
The Residential Mortgage Funder is responsible for instructing, advancing and closing mortgage files.
- Check with law society for entitlement of solicitor
- Check information to ensure accuracy, i.e. correct lender, CMHC/GE approval
- Contact solicitor to confirm that he/she is acting on mortgagor’s behalf
- Prepare and send applicable instructional package to solicitor along with relevant documents
- Follow up with solicitor to obtain advance request
- Organize mortgage file in correct order
- Check the request for funds from the solicitor
- Send the mortgage advance sheet to the accounting department
- Send the solicitor a list of outstanding conditions, mortgage commitment and mortgage advance breakdown
- Contact solicitor when funds are ready
- Follow up with solicitor prior to closing
- Contact solicitor to advise that funds can be released
- Ensure that all conditions have been met, all documentation has been received and that file is complete on the day of closing
- Close files in the system and send to accounting department
- Review solicitor mortgage documentation to ensure it corresponds to the terms of the commitment and is in compliance with established regulatory and company guidelines and policies
- Escalate any documentation issues to the Underwriter and/or Manager for review
- Coordinate with mortgage accounting for the release of mortgage funds on a timely basis
- Respond to all inquiries within the established turnaround times
- Adhere to policy/procedures to ensure AML and Quality Assurance requirements are met
The Requirements Needed:
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written
- Proven organizational skills and demonstrated ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure and maintain a calm focus during hectic periods
- Post-secondary education and/or equivalent work experience preferred
- Competency in MS Office; capacity to learn new technologies/systems
Why join First National?
- Bright open concept office environment
- When COVID guidelines deem it is safe to be in the office
- Large kitchens with a coffee and latte maker to enjoy at no cost
- Supportive teamwork focused environment
- Collaborative entrepreneurial spirit
- Opportunities to give back to the communities and work through events focused on a variety of charities
- Ongoing social events throughout the year
- Extensive training programs to set our employees up for success
First National is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity and inclusion regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender identity, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation or any other category protected by law.