Why Choose First National as a Great Place to Work?
More than 80% of current First National employees indicate that they would recommend First National to a friend as a great place to work. More than 85% of current First National employees indicate that they have trust and confidence in our Senior Leadership team’s ability to achieve our goals!
We are extremely proud to have been awarded the Employer of Choice Award from CMP (Canadian Mortgage Awards) for 2010, 2011, and 2014!
- A professional and team-oriented culture where we recognize each other for our success and work ethic
- A culture dedicated to service, continuous improvement, and efficiency through one of the most efficient paperless processing systems in the industry. This also allows us to do our part for a healthy environment
- Career advancement and professional development opportunities through our Learning Network, lunch and learns, continuing education opportunities, and ongoing opportunities for advancement or promotion
- A comprehensive and competitive compensation and benefits program including an employer matching RRSP program and Employee Assistance Program
- Three (3) weeks of vacation for a new employee’s for their first full year
- A health and wellness program and discounted gym memberships
- Team building and social events where employees are given the opportunity to have fun, relax and network with each other
- Opportunities to give back to our communities through numerous fundraising and charitable activities
We are hiring 2 Helpdesk Support Specialists!
Reporting to the Supervisor, Network Operations, and the Helpdesk Support Specialist will be responsible for timely and efficient completion of helpdesk tickets providing support to a wide variety of hardware and software requests.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Providing in person and over the phone support to on site and remote employees
- Supporting computer hardware, laptop, mobile devices, telephone, printers, copiers, faxes
- Supporting Windows 7 and 10, Microsoft Office, Internet Explorer, NTFS file system permissions and in-house applications.
- Timely account creation, and set up of new hires
- Creating and updating technical documentation
- Data backup administration (Intel and AS400 servers)
- Image and deploy desktop and virtual PC’s software
- Diagnose and repair PC’s from the component level
- Administer and maintain Print server and Print tracking software
- Work with the network administration team, development teams and to help implement new technology
- Provide hardware support for HP printers Kodak scanners
- Mobile device management
- Call Center support
Skills and Attributes:
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and troubleshooting abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to adapt and learn new technologies and trends
- Ability to work well in a team environment and independently
- Phone system administration experience
- Shell scripting
- Adapt knowledge of Microsoft domain tools and software
- College Diploma in related field and/or desktop/laptop support experience.
- In depth knowledge of Windows 7, Windows 10 and Microsoft Office Suite and Microsoft Domain environment.
Working Environment and Physical Demands Analysis:
- Periods of high volume with tight timelines
- Long periods of stationary position/sitting
- Prolonged periods of repetitive movement (i.e. using a keyboard and mouse)
- Long periods of time in viewing a computer screen
- Multi-tasking; speaking to internal customers over the phone while looking up information on a computer program
- Carrying equipment and boxes up to 20 lbs. in weight
First National is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity and inclusion regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender identity, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation or any other category protected by law.